Bye Bye

I never knew I could hurt like this
And everyday life goes on like
I wish I could talk to you for awhile
Miss you but i try not to cry
As time goes by
And It's true that you reached a better place
Still I'd give the whole world to see your face
And I'm right here next to you
But it's like you're gone too soon
Now the hardest thing to do is say bye bye
-Mariah Carey

°Camila°
I followed close behind August as we made our way into the house.
"Ma." August yelled.
"Boy stop yelling, I'm in the kitchen." She replied.
Just then three little girls came running from upstairs, they immediately attacked August. "Uncle Aug, we missed you!"
He stooped down to their level, "What's poppin? I missed yal' too." He said while giving each a kiss on the cheek.

"Who's that Uncle Aug?" A little girl asked who looked exactly like August.

"I got somebody I want all ta' meet, this my friend, Camila."
I waved to the girls and gave them a smile.
"This Chay, Noonie and Kay Kay, my ghetto names for them." He said while pointing to each, laughing.

"You have a pretty name." Chay said to me.
"Thank you pretty girl."
"Are you Uncle Aug's girlfriend?" Kay asked.
"No sweetie, we're just friends."

"We never met Uncle Aug friends befa'." Noonie said smiling.
"Yall so nosy." Chay frowned at her sisters.

Just then a pretty older lady came into the living room with Trav behind her, "Hey baby." She said while hugging August.

"Hey mama." He said kissing the side of her face. He then turned to me, Camila this my mommy, mommy this Camila." The way he loved on her was the cutest and I'd never seen him so affectionate.

"Hey pretty lady, you can call me Sheila." She shook my hand.

"Hi and I'm Camila." I said while giving her a smile and hug.

"Mama she mean." Trav said while sipping his beer.
I side eyed him.

"Boy hush. Netia and Chandra ran to the store, everybody else in the back." She pointed.
-
After meeting the rest of the family, we were now eating. So far I loved everything about Aug's family, it made me realize what I missed out on when my dad and I moved away. We all prayed and held hands before we ate, something I hadn't did in a long time.

"So Miss Camila what do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking?" August mom asked me in between bites.

"I'm a dental assistant." I looked up at her.

"Thats a good job, you have any kids?"

"No ma'am."

"How old are you again?"

"I just turned twenty one."

"How did you and my brother meet?" Netia asked.

"Umm we actually met at a club."

"Please don't say at a strip club." Chandra threw her head back.
I laughed and shook my head no.
"August and I know the same people, my best friend dates his friend, Ty."

"But she ain' give me ha numba' till about a month or two lata and I still had to beg ha." Aug said shaking his head.

"That's good, you should be happy she's not throwing herself at cha'." His mom said.

-
After breakfast I excused myself and stepped outside. Odell had been calling none stop and I was starting to become irritated.
Odell: Hey baby
Camila: I'm not your baby and why are you calling keep calling my phone that if you see I'm not answering.
Odell: I just need to know that you're not mad at me.
Camila: No I'm not mad, but there's no reason for us to be communicating. Just two old friends catching up, that's it.
Odell: Just take me back, Chanel won't be a problem, I swear. You know we're more than old friends. You can't tell me you didn't feel that old spark when every time we laughed and looked at each other.
Camila: Leave me alone Odell, I want nothing to do with you.
Odell: Remember Camila, if I can't have you then no one truly can either and vice versa, that includes August and Chanel too.
The line went dead and his words stuck in my head. I needed to watch my surroundings from here on out.