Try Sleeping With A Broken Heart

Lonely, own me nobody ever shut it down like you
You wore the crown
You made my body feel heaven bound
Why don't you hold me
Need me, I thought you told me
You'd never leave me
-Alicia Keys

°Camila°
"Why are you in such a rush to find a new place?" My dad asked me as I looked at some apartments.

"Because I need my own space, dad." I cut my eyes at him and smiled.

"Awwe C'mon. You know it's been fun here, just like the old days when you were a kid and lived with me."
I laughed out loud at how ridiculous he sounded.

"Dad you're never here, but I have enjoyed your pool!"
He playfully punched my arm and laughed.
"I'm just not ready for you to go out in the world alone again, especially since that animal who did that is still out there. It's a crazy world and I just want to make sure you're protected at all times." He said seriously.

"Dad I know where this going and you know I don't like those things."
He sighed and got up to close my laptop so I would give him my full attention.

"Camila baby your my only child and even if you weren't that still wouldn't change the fact that I want you to always be prepared for whatever, this is a dog eat dog world. What you don't have the heart to do another sure will, female or not they don't care."

I looked down at my feet.
"Look at me, you need to hear this." He said sternly.
I quickly meet his eyes again.

"Daddy I'm just scared that's all. I don't ever want to be put in that kinda situation where it's either me or him...or her. I'll never live down the fact that I killed or seriously injured someone." I said honestly.

My daddy grabbed my face and put his forehead onto mines.
"And I couldn't live with the fact that someone stole my precious angel from me either."

"So what are you suggesting? I just can't walk around here with that type of weapon with no license and not registered to me."

He smiled, "That's why you take classes baby doll. Not only when you complete it you'll have the license to carry it, but you won't be scared and most importantly you'll know how to properly and correctly handle it."

I scratched my head. "You have a point."
He got up and stretched while yawning, "Yupp and the longer you put it off the longer you'll be here with me and Jamie."

"She's so cool, like I liked her before but I love her now and that's weird cause I usually hate females."
He laughed and kissed my cheek, "You're just a weird soul that's all. Goodnight baby girl. Love you."

"Love you too." I said back to him.

I wasn't sleepy so I didn't go up to the guest bedroom just yet. I grabbed my blanket and sat down on the couch. I turned on the TV and got on instagram. I liked a few pictures. As I was going through my timeline I stopped on a picture August had posted of him watching television from bed, Home Alone. The caption read.
I noticed the TV was the same one that was in the bedroom that I had previously stayed in.

I got up and folded my blanket & turned off the TV. I stepped into the bedroom and turned on the light. I got out one of my bags and wrapped my hair up, I stared into the mirror at my God awful pimple. "This is not cute." I mumbled to myself as I dug into another bag. I pulled out some cream and rubbed a little over the zit. I searched deep into the dresser and pulled out the box that held the ring. I've had it for while and never tried it on. I slid it on my finger and held my hand up. It was the correct size and looked amazing if I must say. I smiled but that quickly faded. I took it off and threw it back into the dresser.
I turned out the light and got into bed, plugging up my phone before turning over trying to get to sleep since I had work the early the next morning.
-
°August°