Exhale (Shoop Shoop)

Everyone falls in love sometime
Sometimes it's wrong
And sometimes it's right
For every win
Someone must fail
But there comes a point when
When we exhale (yeah, yeah, say)
-Whitney Houston

°Camila°
I woke up to a strong smell, so strong it burned my nose.
I fluttered my eyes, trying to let my eyes adjust to the bright sunlight that beamed through.
"Good morning." A unknown said to me.

I looked around, I was disoriented.
"How are you feeling? Can you answer a few questions for me?" She asked.

I nodded the best I could.
"Does anything hurt? Like your head or anyplace on your body?
I nodded, my head felt like someone was drilling holes it in while my face felt like a busted open hot dog weiner that was left in the microwave to long.

She wrote something down and looked back up to me.
"On a scale of one to ten I want you to tell me how bad your pain is by wiggling your toes. One being the lowest and ten the highest of course.
She started to count....
I wiggled my left toes when she got to ten.
"OK can you see how many fingers I'm holding up? She put her clipboard on the edge of the bed and held up three fingers, then one, then four, all ten next.

"Alright good job, can you tell me your name?" She asked after I correctly told her the number of fingers.

I tried to speak again, but my mouth was insanely dry for some odd reason. I used every muscle in my body to lift my hand and point to the bottle waters near by.

She looked behind her and got up to get it, putting some ice into a cup and pouring in the water she came back over and put it to my lips, the coldness burned against my them. I chewed the ice slowly, once fully crushed I swallowed and let it glide down my throat.

"Alright how's that?" She asked sitting the cup down.

"Better." I said finally.

She smiled. "Alright now can you tell me your name?"

"Camila Smith." I said.

"Great! You're a trooper girly."

"Why am I here?" I asked her while looking around.

"You probably don't remember much, but you were in a pretty bad wreck. We thought you were a D.O.A., but amazingly you pulled through."

I was shocked by what she was saying. "Well.....am I ok? Like will I be normal again?" I questioned afraid of the answer.

"So far I believe so, you came out better than what we expected." She said.

"I don't understand, I was saw myself laying in my casket........ getting married...." I trailed off.

She burst out laughing, "Girl the power of today's medicine child." She shook her head and finished taking my blood pressure.
Whatever that medicine was I sure didn't want it again.

"I'll be back with something for that pain." She said.
-

There was two soft taps at the door, I took my eyes off the TV and fixed them on the door. In came Lani, she slightly smiled and slowly walked over to me.
I could tell she was scared, "I know I look hideous but don't make it obvious." I joked.
She hugged me the best she could. I felt hot tears bleed through my thin hospital gown. I caressed her back with one hand and wiped my eyes with the other.

"I love you." She said to me
I told her I loved her too.

She moved a chair beside my bed. I looked over at her.
"Lani I look a mess, I already have big lips but now I look like I did the Kylie Jenner challenge." I said