Until It's Gone

One thing that I know for sure
Is you gon’ miss me when I go
And it’s gon’ hurt babe
When you’re all alone
I guess it’s true what people say
You never know
What you have until it’s gone
-Monica

°Camila°
Knock, knock, knock....
I ignored the knocking and turned over onto my side.
Knock, knock, knock...it continued.
Getting frustrated by the minute I forcefully threw the covers off my body.
I looked at my alarm clock which read 9:15a.m.

I got up and slipped into my bedroom shoes since the floors were cold, I didn't bother to put on another shirt over my thin tank top since I had no plans on being out of bed for to long.

I've told this stupid FedEx man multiple of times that if I don't come to the door after two knocks then just leave my package and go about his day. Taking my precious time I made it downstairs. I stood on my tippy toes to look into the peep hole to see if he was still there.

"August?" I said under my breath.
There he was leaning up against the door under his bucket hat. I've been taking extreme measures not to run into him, I guess he finally caught up with me.

"Camila? I know you right there, I heard you draggin' yo feet in them slippers." He said from the other side of the door.
I looked down at my feet, rolling my eyes.

"Look man, I know me saying sorry ain' gon' change nothing, but you gotta believe me. I know I crossed that line and fucked up but just open the doe' and hear me out."

I shifted my weight from one foot to the other and folded my arms. This nigga got me all the way bent if he think I'm just going to let him into my house just so he can share his sob story about how his penis ended up in Deja.

"Camila whatcha want? I'll give you anything. You want a new car? You want some diamonds? A couple of purses and shoes? Fuck. I'll work my fingers ta' the bone just for you ta' talk ta' me." He sounded desperate at this point.
My eyes started to sting. I swallowed the lump in my throat and opened the door.

"You just don't get it, I don't want shit from you and when I did all I asked for was your love and undivided attention and you couldn't even give me that." I spat at him.

"I'm sorry."

"I'm sorry, that's what all the text messages and voice mails say. I don't want to hear it. You made of a fool of me August! Why?"

"Camila when she came over it was meaningless. We was going through our lil thing and I was starting ta' become lonely. She pushed up on me but I wasn't having it. I went to another part of the house and then that's when one thing led to another. I knew what I was doing was wrong cause my dick wouldn't even stay hard. I was about ta' tell her I can't do this, but that's when you showed up." He stuck his hands in his pockets.

"So whenever you get lonely you call up female company? Someone who'll do anything to get back at me. You know Deja is spiteful, you know what that hoe all about but yet you to blind to see. She's going to do something real foul and then maybe, just maybe you'll open up your eyes and see."

"I feel like shit man. I can't eat, sleep. Every time I close my eyes all I see is you. I never knew you played such a major role in my life..... I been fighting with myself but after this hea' it made me realize something. Camilla I......I love you."

Everything felt like it was going in slow motion. I was beyond confused right now. Did he really mean it or was he just trying to manipulate me because he knew how vulnerable I was? I looked into his eyes for the first time since we spoken, tears that I had been holding back quickly escaped.

"C'mon man don't do this." He said walking towards me with his arms out.

I side stepped him, "Don't touch me." I wiped my tears.

He looked confused, "What? What I can't touch anymore?"

I shook my head no.
He threw his head back in frustration, "So this whatcha' really want? No more us, no more nothing?"

"Exactly what I want."

"You don't know what you doin' ta me!"

"I don't care. You made your bed now lay in it." I opened up my door and stepped inside. I was getting ready to close it until Aug's big foot got in the way. "Tell me you don't love me." He demanded.

"Excuse me?"
"You said you don't care, so if you really don't then tell me you don't love me."

"Bye August."
A smiled appeared on his face. He looked me up and down as if he was undressing me with his eyes before he blew me a kiss and walked off.
"Wtf was that about?" I asked myself closing the door.

*Vote/Leave Feedback/Follow and add to your Reading Lists/Library
Thanks