Nobody's Suppose To Be Here

How did you get here? 
Nobody's supposed to be here 
I've tried that love thing for the last time 
My heart says no, no! 
Nobody's supposed to be here 
But you came along and changed my mind 
-Deborah Cox

°August°
"Deja Kinlaw?"  The nurse asked looking up from her clip board.
"Right here." Deja got up
"OK good, right this way."
We followed her to the room.

I sat in one of the chairs in the corner. I watched as the nurse had her step on the scale, take her blood pressure, and ask a few questions.
Once she was finished she told us her doctor would be in shortly. The room grew quite when she left.

"You know you could at least look like you care." She shot me the evil eye.
"I'm here ain' I?" I shot back.
"We have to at least get along for the sake of our child."
"Ion' know if that's my babeh yet, so when we cross that bridge we'll talk about it." I folded my arms and closed my eyes.

"August?"
"Wus' poppin?"
"Deeeez nuts. Hah! Got eeeeeem." She slapped her knee laughing.
I laughed along, "Man fuck you, always killin' my ass wit' that shit."
"Awe big baby is upset?"
She moved closer and put her lips to mines.

I quickly opened my eyes. I kept seeing Camila and all our memories, this been the worst three weeks of my life. She been avoiding me like hell, call and text but no replies, show up at her house and she ain' there, a nigga even went to her job but she ain' show up that day.

Just then the doctor knocked before entering.
"Hello Miss. Kinlaw and welcome Mr.?" He asked extending his hand out for me to shake.
I shook it, "Alsina."

"Alright well let's get to it. Now I understand this is your first appointment Mr. Alsina so if you have any questions feel free to ask."
I nodded my head.

"So Miss Kinlaw it states that you have been experiencing a increase of vaginal discharge, is that correct?"

"Yes and its gross, who would of thought I would still have to wear pantie liners when I don't even have periods anymore."

"Well as long as this discharge is odorless and is milky white then there's no need to panic because it's completely normal. Just continue to wear those liners and leave the tampon and douches at the drug store. Infection can harm the unborn."

I sat back and watched as the equipment was brought in and set up.
Deja pulled up her shirt and laid back.
"Would you prefer the warm gel or just the traditional?" He asked her.
"I guess I can try out the warm this time."
He rubbed the desired gel on her stomach.

He moved around before a tiny baby appeared on the screen. I got up and stepped closer to get a better look.
"Well there he or she is." The doctor said.
"Oh my god." Deja looked on with watery eyes.

"It looks like your about thirteen weeks. A little fun fact for you guys, your baby's organs and muscles are already formed and is even possibly practicing breathing.
"That fast?" I asked.

"Yes. It all happens really quick, that's why we urge those who think they may be expecting to go and get it confirmed. The quicker you get the vitamins and nutrition the better the for the baby."
-
He printed out some pictures once he was finished.
"Alright any questions before I head out?"

I cleared my throat and swallowed, "Yeah I got one."
"Ok." He looked at me.
"How she get knocked up if we used a rubber each time?"
Deja shook hear head, the doctor looked at her then back to me.
"Well it's one of those cases where it's rare but does happen. Just because a condom was used doesn't mean it prevented a pregnancy, just like any other form of birth control, all has that percentage of failure."

I nodded my head and took my hand running it down my mouth to my goatee, stroking it.

"Well as always it's been a pleasure and I'll see you next time. Oh and Miss. Kinlaw be sure to look through your papers when you get them from the front, your baby can detect stress and that's very unhealthy. I have some methods of relieving that pressure."

"OK thanks." She said.

"See you later guys." He smiled and waved before exiting the room.
Deja got her papers and her next appointment date. We walked out in silence. We stopped at her car, "Look I heard  whatcha' said earlier in thea'."

"I just want this pregnancy to go by as smoothly as possible and us bickering and hating each others guts isn't going to do the trick."

"I know it ain'."

"Well I guess I'll see you at my next appointment."

"Yeah you will, take care." I made sure she was in ha' car befa' heading to mines. I unlocked the doors and got in. I pulled out my phone and checked all my missed calls and text messages, nothing from Camila. I went to my home screen and stared at the picture of us. The good days, the days when we was happy. I looked over at one of the sonogram pictures Deja gave me, I already didn't know how to get her back and knew what I had ta' tell ha' wouldn't make it any easier.

*Leave some feedback, vote, and add to your reading lists/library*
It's greatly appreciated, Thanks!