Missing You

Like a cold Summer afternoon
Like the snow coming down in June
Like a wedding without a groom
I'm missing you
I'm the desert without the sand
You're the woman without a man
I'm a ring without a hand
I'm missing you
-Case

°Camila°
I rolled out of bed and went into the bathroom. I scrubbed my face followed my flossing and brushing my teeth. I took off my silk scarf and unwrapped my hair, throwing it into a low pony. I stepped out my room and looked around. It was fairly quite.

We had this big beach house while vacationing in Miami for the week. It was Lani, Monica, my cousin Oriel.
I made my way downstairs and found Oriel in the kitchen.
"Hey doll." Ori said
"Hey. I see you read my mind." I said pointing to the eggs she had sitting out.
"Yes girl. Why go out and waste money when we can cook."

She cooked the scrambled eggs, bacon and sausage. While I cooked the grits, pancakes, and cut up some fresh avocado.
"I'm so glad you had a chance to come here with us. I haven't seen you in forever."

"I know. I actually wanted to talk to you." She said
"What's up?" I gave her my her full attention.
"Things haven't been good with Tony and I and I'm just sick of his ass, so I'm thinking about moving down to the A."

"Really? You know I gotcha with the apartment searching and all that."
"I'll definitely keep you posted." She smiled.
"He still haven't got his act right?"
"Hell no. He's such a mama's boy it's ridiculous. You know she moved in with us right?"
"What the hell. Why?"
"She claim she didn't want her house no more and didn't want to stay in a hotel, so of course she ran to Tony asking if she could stay with us until she finds something better, but it's been almost five months."

"He needs to grow some balls. His mama don't even like you. She needs a life." I shook my head.
"She need a man, that's what she needs." We both burst out laughing.

"Got two bad bitches in my kitchen." Lan said as she stepped into the kitchen.

"Where your lil girlfriend at?" I asked.

"Monica and I are just friends."

"Friends who like to touch each other when the lights go out." I elbowed Ori.

"Fuck both of yal'. That was a one time thing and we both agreed we liked dick more." Lani rolled her eyes.

"Yeah hoes, but it was fun."  Monica walked in.
The food was finished and everyone started to fix their plates.
"Why you making two plates?" Monica asked me.
"Oh I invited Daniel." There was two knocks at the door.
"He's right on time too." I went to get the door.
"Millz wait." Lani called out.
"Lani hold on." I said as I opened the door.

"What's up?" He smiled and hugged me.
I ran into Daniel my first night here. He's a old friend and not to mention he's a sexy piece of chocolate. We use to mess around but nothing more.

We all sat down at the table once situated. We said a silent prayer and dug in.

"You can still throw down I see." Daniel said in between bites.
I looked over and smiled at him.

"Damn yal' couldn't wake a nigga up and tell me the food ready?"
I looked up and before me stood August. I shot Lani a evil look.
"I tried to tell you." She mouthed.

He walked over to fix his plate and sat right across from me. I looked down at my food. I could feel him staring at me while I took a chunk of egg and avocado into my mouth.
"Camila it's rude of you not to introduce your guest." He spoke to me.
I squinted my eyes at him.

"She don't have to introduce me. I'm well acquainted with everyone." Daniel said to him.

"Oh shit. Well excuse me, but I ain' catch ya name."

"It's Booby."

August was about to say something slick until Ori spoke up.
"Soooo how is everyone liking their food?" She asked looking at everyone at the table.
Monica and Lani joined in, "Its delicious." They both said.
"Anything my babeh cook I like." Aug smiled at me.
I put my fork down. I had officially lost my appetite.
Who was he to come in here acting like we were on good terms and to be rude to Daniel.

Daniel laughed and looked at his phone before looking at me, "I gotta go something just came up, but make sure you text me what you wanna do tonight." He kissed my cheek and got up.
"Thanks for having me ladies, holla at cha Aug."
"Aight bye Titty." Aug said trying to be funny.

I walked him out. Instead of going back into the kitchen I went up to my room.
-
I stepped out the shower and threw on a two piece bathing suit. I put on a pair of denim ripped shorts and a tank top over it. I grabbed my cellphone and beach towel and headed downstairs.

"You sure you'll be ok alone? It won't be squad without you." Lani said

"I'm good. I'll go out with you guys tomorrow." I responded
Every since we've been here we have been going out every night club hopping. It was fun, but I wasn't feeling it tonight.
The girls and I talked a little while longer before they left. I made a mixed drink before heading to the beach. I texted Daniel and told him I would be canceling plans.
-
"I thought you would be with lover boy." Aug said
I looked up at him. He was the only person I knew who dress in Jordan's while walking in the sand.
"No." I sipped my drink and closed my eyes again.

"I wanna holla at cha'." He said sitting next to me.
"Go ahead."

"Well first hea'."
I opened the lid and saw my favorite, strawberries and kiwi. I instantly smiled at the nice gesture. He knew I loved my fruits.
"Thanks." I popped a strawberry in my mouth.

"I know you said you wanted nothing to do with me, but I just can't leave here without at least being able to really sit down and talk to you."
I chewed the inside of my cheek before speaking, "I mean I knew what kind of man you was before I even got involved."

"That don't make what I did right tho', but a nigga fucked up and you acting like I'm the devil."

I laughed at how dramatic his skinny self was.
"Nobody is acting like you the devil. I'm not going to lie I'm hurt. I just need time for myself. This is a hard pill to swallow."

"It's eatin' me up to see you hurt and cry because of me. Lani told me you know about the baby shit with Deja."

"Yeah I do." I looked away teary eyed.

"It got me all fucked up too. I wanna get close to it, but its like why? I don't want to get all attached and it turn out to not be mines."

"But if it is then you'll forever regret not being there."

"You right." He looked at me.
I sat there quietly not knowing what to say. It was still a very touchy subject.
"I just don't understand. Things were so good, at least I thought it was. Then you go sneaking around and to make matters worse you knock one of them up." I wiped a tear.
"I was just fuckin' them bitches. I was goin' get right back."

"You can't have your cake and eat it too. Then you say you love but when you love somebody you just don't treat them wrong August. You don't. I refuse to be a fool for you."

"I want you to know that when I tol' you I loved you I wasn't tryna' play no head games witcha' ya. I actually meant that." He stared into my eyes.
"I love you too." I said before even realising what I had just said. I felt like a big weight had been lifted off my shoulders for some reason.

August grabbed the back of my neck and kissed my passionately. I wanted to pull away but couldn't. This was wrong but it felt so right.
"Imma make everything ight'. I promise." He whispered.

*Daniel is a dog but is still so yummy!
Camila really done with August?