Prologue

A/N* 

Hi there everyone! This is my first ever story on Wattpad and I was inspired to write since there aren't too many Steven x Male reader stories on Wattpad that I could find. With that being said, I really hope you enjoy the book!

'Beach City', the sign read. It looks pretty friendly; it also looks quite empty to put it plainly. 

Wandering into the midst of town, it smelt like the ocean. Presumably because we were right next to one. Across the boardwalk, I noticed a small shop. 

Walking over to it, the sign read 'Big Donut'. 

"That smells so good.." I drooled. Shaking my pockets, I realized I had no cash. Of course, I'm broke. 

"Damn." I mumbled, walking away, "A donut would've been so nice right now."

I walked around a little bit more, curious as to what I'd find. There wasn't a whole lot of anything, just some more shops. Oh, and there's an amusement park called 'Funland'. 

Then there's the beach. I can't deny, the view from the Beach is second to none. It's actually gorgeous. I walked over to the Beach, sitting down on the sand. 

I sighed happily for a moment, a sense of relief. That was until I looked down at my chest, immediately my smile fading.

You see, on my chest, there's a gemstone. It's sort of embedded into me, I haven't been able to take it out. This very stone is the reason I was treated like shit my whole life. 'Shit' is probably an understatement; I wouldn't dare wish the treatment I had upon anyone. 

The stone belongs to my mother, who was a gem. There's no easy to way explain this since it's going to make me sound insane, but gems are aliens from another world. Or so I'm pretty sure.

They're not humans, that much is certain. Regardless, the reason her stone is in my chest is because she created me. Okay, no kidding she created me, but I mean she literally turned into me. That's what I've been told.

She gave up her physical form in order to give life to me. I can't explain why, since I'm pretty sure gems don't die. Well, they can 'die', just it's from their gemstone being shattered. Why would anyone give up essentially an infinite life just to give birth to a single human?

I don't think I'll ever understand it, but there's not much I can do. With my mother being gone, that left me and my dad. He's... I don't want to talk about him. He's the sole reason I didn't have a normal childhood. 

Well, that ruined my mood, it's fine. I think I was in a daze or something, just pondering in my own thoughts. And as if it were magic, a boy appeared beside me.

"Hi there! Mind if I sit with you?" The boy asked. "Do whatever you want, I don't mind." I replied. And he sat down next to me. He looks pretty cheery, probably has a lot to talk about. 

"Nice day today, isn't it? The beach sunset is a sight I wish everyone could see." He spoke. "Yeah, it's pretty nice." I said. 

"So, my name's Steven. What's your name?" He asked. "I'm Y/n." I replied.

"Nice to meet you, Y/n." He said, smiling. "Likewise." I replied. He seems pretty friendly, doubt he'd like me if he knew what I truly was, some hybrid abomination.