The Quest For Destiny

Steven POV

"Extraordinary...experience." I said, writing it down in my notepad. I kept watching the tape that mom left for me over and over, with hopes of finding out just what my purpose was. "Okay, I think I've got something." I said. Just as I said that, Y/n walked through the front door and into the kitchen to grab a drink. "Hey Y/n! I think I finally got something." I shouted, waving to him. "About your destiny? All right, what'cha got so far?" Y/n asked, walking over to me. "I went and got the first letter of the first word of each sentence. It spells 'ittaisiaby'." I replied. Y/n looked at me with a slight amount of confusion.

"Now it may not sound like much, but when you rearrange those letters, it says 'Bait it I say' or 'I bitty Asia'. Well...um 'I bitty Asia' could mean something, maybe I need to go back to Asia and...bite something?" I said. "Steven, don't you think you're overthinking this a little bit?" Y/n asked. "No, this is my magical gem destiny we're talking about, Y/n!" I replied. Y/n moved over to where I was sitting and propped down next to me. "I guess this really means a lot to you, huh? I'd probably do the same if it were my case. Since you're my boyfriend and I love you so much, I'll do whatever it takes to make you happy." Y/n said, putting an arm around my back. I leaned over to kiss and hug him out of happiness, while nuzzling into his shoulder.

"Well then, there's gotta be some clues. Mom said she wanted to have me, but there's gotta be a reason why. Like something that I was meant to do." I said, pondering. "Maybe it's not in the tape itself but rather something else- LION, NO!" Y/n said, while Lion started gagging. Lion then vomited out some kind of giant pink key. "I think I'm gonna have nightmares..." Y/n said, disgusted. "Magic hairball destiny!" I said, star-eyed. Lion then vomited up some kind of dead animal. "Okay, that's just gross." I mumbled. Y/n and I proceeded to then clean the sheets off of the bed.

"Alright, mom must have wanted you to give this to me. But what does it open?" I asked. I then had a sudden realization. "Hey Lion, could you bend down a bit?" I said, stepping into his mane. "Oh, I forgot about that chest!" Y/n exclaimed, watching me enter the mane. I tried the key several different ways, but none of them seemed to work. "Any luck?" Y/n asked as I popped out of the mane. "Nope, if this key isn't for that chest then what is it for?" I replied. "Why don't we try a bunch of different places that have some correlation to Rose? You might be bound to find something that way." Y/n said. We decided to first try our luck at mom's armory. Y/n and I hopped on Lion as he warped us over there. I walked up to the pedestal and tried summoning everything I could think of, but nothing was appearing. "Nothing to unlock here." I said.

"Hmm...let's try the fountain?" Y/n said. We hopped back on Lion and he then warped us over to mom's fountain. I hopped inside the water and swam around, looking for a sign of anything but found nothing. "Nothing here either..." I sighed. Lion took us back home to the temple, where I sat on the couch trying to think just what this key goes to. "Wait a minute, my mom's room is bound to know something!" I exclaimed, rushing over to the door. "Give me something that this key unlocks." I said. The room produced a giant padlock which got me excited, until I opened it just to have it poof away. I walked back into the living room, groaning in disappointment.

"Nothing in there either, huh?" Y/n asked. I nodded, slouching onto the floor. "Hmm...of course! The answer was inside me all along!" I shouted, jabbing myself in the head with the key. I instantly fell over, causing me to get a bit dizzy. "That was a little extreme, babe." Y/n chuckled, helping me up off the floor. "Yeah, sorry...I'm just running out of ideas of what this could possibly go to. There's gotta be some place we haven't been." I replied. "Hmm...wait a minute- where did Lion even find the key?" Y/n asked. "Y/n, you're a genius! Wherever he found the key must be where it belongs." I said, rushing over to Lion. Lion however, seemed to be very tired.

"Lion, can you please take us to where you found this key? Pleaseee?" I begged, giving him puppy eyes. It took a bit of convincing, but Lion finally agreed to take us to where he found it. Y/n and I hopped on top of Lion, and the portal he made took us to the desert where we found him originally. "This is where we found you...something of mom's is here, right? Take us there." I said. Lion started running over to the area, which felt like hours. It was hot and dry, both of us were thirsty and ready to fall asleep. After a bit, we finally reached some type of gate where Lion stopped.

"That...was so...horrible." Y/n said, extremely tired. "This was it, couldn't we have just warped here?" I said, glaring at Lion. I went over to the lock pad and proceeded to open it with the key. "Whatever is behind this door, please just tell me my destiny." I mumbled. I stepped inside, only to find a bunch of trash laying on the floor. "What...is this just mom's trash dump?" I asked, looking around. I kept searching through piles, but found nothing. "No- please! There was supposed to be something here to tell me what I'm for!" I growled, kicking a helmet on the ground. I started tearing up, but looked down to see a video tape.

"Huh? It's another video tape...from mom?! B-but who's Nora? Am I not the only one...do I have a sister?" I said, studying the video tape. Y/n walked inside the trash pile to check out what was inside, when I motioned for him to come over. "Y/n, I found something! Apparently I have a sister?" I yelled. "Hold on, did you say sister? Steven, there's no way that can even be possible...right?" Y/n said. "I don't know, but we gotta find out who Nora is. Lion, I know I've asked a lot from you today, but please...I need to know what this tape means. I won't get mad the next time you throw up on our bed." I pleaded. Lion obliged and took the both of us somewhere to find 'Nora'.

"Wait a minute- this is just outside of beach city?" I said, looking around. Suddenly, there was a hint of music coming from somewhere nearby. "Steven, do you hear that?" Y/n asked. "Yeah, that's probably Nora. C'mon!" I replied, grabbing Y/n's hand and running over to the sound. We got to the top of the hill and saw nobody but my dad playing the guitar. "Hey there, scthu-ball! And you too, Y/n!" Greg said. "Dad, you're Nora?" I asked. "Who?" Greg asked, looking at me in confusion. "We came to ask you something, but what'cha doing up here?" Y/n asked.

"I'm kinda getting some songs figured out. This is sort of like my jamming hill. It used to be a tree by the warehouse, but some 7th grader with a flute muscled me out." Greg replied. "Um...yeah..." I sighed. "Are you alright?" Greg asked me. "Well...I found this." I said, showing him the video tape. "Oh my gosh! I never thought I'd see this again." He said, grabbing the tape. "Hold on, you've seen this before?" I asked. "Of course I have, you guys should too." Greg said, motioning for us to come watch it. I sat down inside the van and Y/n sat beside me as he put the video tape into the tv and pressed play.

"Nora, we can't both exist. But I won't be gone, I'm going to become half of you. And every moment you enjoy being yourself, that's me loving you and loving being you." Rose said. "N-no! I don't understand, why is this the same video that you guys made me? Who's Nora?!" I yelled, pausing the video. "Nora is you." Greg chuckled. Y/n and I just stared at him in confusion. "I'm my mom...and my sister? What kind of destiny is this?!" I said. "No, no, we just had it down to 2 names. Steven if you were a boy, and Nora if you were a girl." Greg replied. I didn't understand anything that was going on, and got increasingly angry.

"But I just don't understand all of this! Mom keeps leaving me these clues and- and I'm gonna find out just what I'm for!" I shouted, tearing up. "Woah, alright, just breathe, babe." Y/n said, wrapping me in a hug. I leaned into his touch, starting to cry on his shoulder. "I think what Greg means is that she just wanted to have you. Rose talked so much about wanting to create life because she wanted to give you the chance to experience it." Y/n said, comforting me. "Y/n hit the nail on the head, since life is so full of possibilities, anything could happen. Rose wanted to have you so badly, but she was more excited to learn what gender you could have been. But Steven, you can be anyone you want. I changed my name after all." Greg said, reassuring me. I went over and pressed play, watching the rest of the tape.

"So that's all it is...I'm just supposed to be Rose's kid?" I asked. "Mhm, is that okay?" Greg asked me. "Yeah, I think I can live with that." I smiled, wiping my tears. I leaned over to give my dad a hug for telling me all of this. "Hey Steven, if it'll cheer you up, wanna have our second date tomorrow?" Y/n asked. I went star-eyed and jumped into his arms. "OH MY GOSH YES!" I exclaimed. Dad chuckled at how much of a cute couple we were being, and then Y/n had walked me home.

"Y/n, after your date with your boyfriend...we need to talk." Osiris said.

"...Urgently."