Can't Go Back

A/N* Hey everyone! I'm really sorry for not being active the past few days, I really just haven't been feeling myself lately and my anxiety has been taking quite a toll on me. I'm gonna try my best to update more now, but I'll have to see just how much I'm able to. Thank you so much for your patience, and enjoy the chapter!

Steven POV

Ever since Lapis left after I explained what happened back on Homeworld, Peridot has moved back into the bathroom for a bit of comfort. Y/n and I were getting ready for bed, and before I left the bathroom, I said goodnight to Peridot who was asleep next to Pumpkin.

"Goodnight, Peridot. Sleep well." I said, turning the light off. I walked upstairs and hopped into bed next to Y/n. "How is she?" Y/n asked, giving me a kiss goodnight. "She's asleep, but I guess she's gonna need a lot of time to get over this." I replied, snuggling into him. We were asleep for a few minutes, before there was loud banging on the door with Ronaldo shouting. "Steven! STEEEVEEEN! STEV-" Ronaldo yelled. "Huh- what?" Y/n said, slowly getting up. "Ugh, I'll go check it out, stay right here." I said, dragging my feet out of bed. "Ronaldo, it's the middle of the night." I said, yawning. "You gotta come to the lighthouse, I've found something weird!" Ronaldo said. "You found something weird every night since my dad got you that telescope." I replied. "I know, I'm awesome. You won't believe my latest discovery, there's something on the moon!" Ronaldo exclaimed.

"Can't you just call Nanefua?!" Y/n shouted from bed. "Not a fourth time!" Ronaldo replied. "Just give us a second." I said, closing the door. "I guess we're heading out to the lighthouse?" Y/n asked. "Mhm, he's not gonna leave us alone." I replied, grabbing my hoodie. "I don't think I've ever told you this, but you're pretty c-cute in that hoodie." Y/n said, blushing. "Well then, that makes 2 of us." I replied, feeling my face heat up. Y/n and I shared a brief kiss, before heading out to the lighthouse with Ronaldo. We looked through the telescope to see what Ronaldo was going crazy about. "That's just the moon base, it's always been there." I said, peeking out from the telescope. "Wait, you have a moon base?! Oh my gosh I have so many questions! 1, why didn't you tell me about your moon base, 2, take me to your moon base, 3, why does it look like a barn?" Ronaldo said.

"It doesn't look like- wait, what?!" Y/n said, shocked. Y/n looked back through the telescope to see the barn conveniently sitting in a crater on the moon. "That's definitely the barn...why is she on the moon?" Y/n whispered. "C'mon, let's go find her." I said, grabbing Y/n's hand. "Lion, we need you to make a portal to the moon, now!" I yelled. He groaned but gave in and we hopped on Lion, and he super warped over to the moon base. "Super warp takes a lot out of you, huh?" I asked, petting Lion on the head. Lion just yawned loudly in response. "Us too, buddy. You get some rest now." I replied. I bubbled the 2 of us and we headed out for the barn. "I just don't understand it, why would Lapis want to be on the moon?" Y/n asked. "Not sure, she was very specific in her saying that she wanted to get as far away from the earth as possible." I replied. We reached the barn and started investigating the inside contents. "Lapis! Lapis Lazuli!" I shouted, looking around. "This is so strange, all of the meep morps are here, but no sign of Lapis." Y/n said. We searched all over the barn, trying to find a trace of Lapis.

"I'm not seeing anything, it's just all the stuff from earth." I said. Y/n let out a sigh and eventually we rolled back to the moon base, pondering over where she could be. "Now just what is going on?" I asked. From somewhere above us, there was a humming that could be heard. "You don't think...?" Y/n said, walking upstairs. I followed him and we reached the room we were in the first time we went to the moon, and saw Lapis sitting there with some kind of sphere. "Lapis!" The both of us shouted, running over to hug her. "Steven? Y/n?" Lapis shrieked. "Oh my gosh it's so good to see you again!" Y/n exclaimed. "O-oh, really?" Lapis asked. "What's going on? I thought you'd be halfway across the galaxy by now! Aren't you worried about the Diamonds coming to earth to attack?" I said. "By this little orb thing? What is this?" Y/n asked. "Promise you won't judge me?" Lapis asked.