Steven's Dream

Steven POV

I think I'm in the middle of a dream. There's a field of pink flowers scattered all around me.

"Steven? Steven?" Greg said, trying to wake me up. I was still in my dream so I couldn't hear him. "Can you try waking him up?" Greg asked. "Yeah, I'll give it a go." Y/n replied. Y/n crawled over and sat down next to me. "Steven, can you wake up for me?" He whispered into my ear, rubbing my head. I slowly sat up, feeling the tears on my face.

"Hey there bud, you alright?" Greg asked me. "Yeah, I'm fine. I'm not sure why I was crying, my dream wasn't sad." I replied. "Oh man, look at the time. I think we better get you home." Greg said. "Don't worry Greg, I'll take him back." Y/n said. "See you later dad." I said, giving him a hug. He hugged me back, and Y/n and I proceeded to walk home. We got inside and headed straight for bed. As I fell asleep, I noticed I ended up back in the same field of flowers.

"Huh, I'm here again...guess I can look around." I said, wandering through the field. After a bit of exploration, I stumbled across some kind of pink statue? It was all torn and broken with vines growing on it. "Woah...what is this place?" I thought to myself. I suddenly woke back up, feeling the tears on my face once again. "Are you feeling okay, honey? You know you can talk to me." Y/n said, sitting up.

"Yeah, I promise I am. I just keep having this weird dream and it's making me tear up. It's not even sad though." I said. "Weird dream? Like what?" Y/n asked. "I'm in this field of pink flowers and there's this odd pink statue that's all torn and broken. Once I go near it, I just wake up with tears falling down." I replied. Y/n thought for a minute, but couldn't think of why this would be happening.

"I don't really know why you would be having dreams like this. Maybe you're just stressed out?" Y/n said. "I don't know, it's just bizarre." I replied. Y/n patted the bed and motioned for me to sit between his legs. "Hm?" I asked, crawling over to him. "I heard this helps relax people, so maybe it'll help you." Y/n said, leaning my head against his chest and rubbing it. It was pretty calming to say the least, and I ended up drifting to sleep right in his arms. The next morning when I woke up, I decided to call Connie and tell her about the dream I've been having. She came to the temple with Buddy's book in her hand.

"Sorry, I'll clean that up later!" Connie exclaimed, swooshing a bunch of papers out of the way. She put the book down and flipped through some of the pages. "When you told me about your dream, I thought I recognized something." She said, landing on a page with the same pink statue. "That's it! The palan-qwin" I said, reading the name of the object.

"Actually Steven, it's pronounced Palanquin." Y/n corrected. We heard the warp pad meaning that the gems were returning home. "It's the gems! They gotta know about this thing." I said, rushing over to the warp pad. "Yo Steven." Amethyst said. "Hey, do you know anything about this thing?" I asked, showing her the page. "Steven, you deserve to know the truth, and the truth is...I have no idea, I've never seen that thing in my life." Amethyst replied.

"Ahem, allow me." Pearl stated. She looked through the page before awkwardly giving an answer. "Well...it appears to be some sort of illustration in some kind of book." Pearl said. "C'mon, you know what I mean. I had a dream where I saw this thing and we were wondering-" I started to say. "You can't go there!" Garnet said out of nowhere. "Why not?" I asked. Garnet and Pearl just looked at each other nervously.

"I thought you guys were going to tell me everything from now on. Does this have something to do with Pink Diamond? I already know that mom shattered her, so why is it that you can't tell me?" I asked. Pearl covered her mouth as if she was afraid to say anything. "Steven, please, you're making Pearl very upset." Garnet said.
"NO, I'm very upset!" I yelled. "We're not going, Rose never wanted you to see this place." Garnet said. "I DON'T CARE, I WANT TO GO THERE NOW!" I shouted. "Steven, enough!" Garnet replied. "I'm sorry...I really shouldn't have brought the book." Connie said. "Yes you should have brought it! It's lucky that something has some information THAT I DON'T HAVE TO GET OUT OF THEM!" I said. Everyone went wide-eyed by the sudden change in atmosphere.