Goodbye...Friend

Warning: This chapter contains swearing and other sensitive topics, please be mindful when you're reading through this.

Y/n POV

I finished telling everyone what had happened back in the ruins, and they stared at me in disbelief.

"So let me get this straight, you met your mother live in person by some ancient device?" Pearl asked. "Yeah, it was a little upsetting though, everything I've heard about her from Ruby and stuff was true. But she says she felt all the pain I've endured, maybe she really was listening all this time." I replied. Everyone had questions about what happened and I answered them to the best of my ability. But from out of nowhere, a hooded figure jumped from the hill above and landed in front of us, next to the shore.

"That's truly marvelous, she must've been ecstatic to hear you." The person said.

"What the- who are you?" I asked, not recognizing this person.

"You don't know me? I figured Onyx would've set some kind of reminder for this, I guess she was just as bad as I thought." He said, taking off his cloak.

"I'm Ammolite, I was Onyx's partner in creation before she disastrously turned against me."

Ammolite...I've never heard that name before. I was going To question who he was, but Osiris had a few things to say.

"More like how you went crazy, you son of a bitch, it's no doubt she would turn on you." Osiris said, switching places with me.

"Osiris, you're still here? What the fuck did she do?!" Ammolite asked, angrily.

"She passed me on to her son, no doubt to get rid of you." Osiris replied.

"Osiris, what are you talking about? How do you know this guy?" I asked.

"This piece of shit worked with your mother, but I never thought- actually forget I said anything." Osiris said.

"I don't know who you think you are, but this isn't a gem-controlled planet if that's what you're after!" Garnet yelled. "Yeah, so just go away!" Amethyst said.

"Ugh, I was hoping you wouldn't interfere." Ammolite said, pushing them back and freezing them in place.

"Guys?!" I yelled, worried if they were hurt. "I can't move!" Steven shouted. "He's really strong!" Pearl yelled. "What did you do to them?!" I asked angrily.

"Relax, they're fine. They just won't be moving for the time being. I'm just after this kid, so you 4 just stay put nicely, okay?" Ammolite said.

"Hey Osiris, what do ya say we crush this parasite with everything we got?" I said, powering up my mark as much as possible, feeling the blue flames around me again.

"I was hoping you'd say that. Alright then, let's erase this hideous creature off the face of the earth!" Osiris exclaimed.

"Oh, so you've managed to progress to Atlas mode? Alright then, why don't you show me just what Onyx's son can really do." Ammolite smirked.

"Listen up Y/n, I should give you a brief bit of intel on this guy. He's fast and packs a punch. He's also cocky but damn is he smart, don't drop your guard." Osiris said.

"Got it!" I replied, charging with everything I got. I felt the speed of my movements accelerate as I tried to keep up with him. "Darn, he really is fast!" I thought to myself.

"I gotta say, you're not half bad. But it's still not enough!" Ammolite said, landing a heavy hit on me and sending me back quite a bit.

"Ugh!- that hurt..." I screeched, regaining my balance. "Thunderstruck arrow!" I yelled, launching an attack towards him. He dodged it and countered with the exact same attack. I managed to block it at the last second, trembling before the voltage. "How is he able to do that?" I thought. I took a breath and charged as fast as I could at him, almost just teleporting behind him. "SUPERNOVA!" I yelled, launching the attack. He must have some incredible perceptiveness because he was able to counter it, and send me back again.