Onyx's Truth

Y/n POV

Today Steven and I were gonna have our second date since I promised him last night. We agreed to have it much earlier in the day since I told him that there was something I had needed to do later. The date wasn't gonna be fancy or anything, but I decided to try cooking for once to make something special to eat. Greg was coming over today, so I decided to ask him to help me out.

"So it's just flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs?" I asked, trying to make a fry batter. "Yeah, dip it in each and then lay it down in the pot. Make sure you oil it first." Greg said, showing me how. I followed his instructions and dipped some raw chicken into the batter and then laid it into the pot. I also found some potatoes in the cabinet, so I was gonna make some french fries. I cut them up into equal portions and put them into a pot. "So, how have you and Steven been doing lately?" Greg asked. "Oh, pretty good actually. We're still kinda getting used to this whole couple thing, but we're really happy together." I replied, drying the french fries on a paper towel.

"That's great! Y'know something, I never told you how glad I am that you and Steven are together. He's always been a cheerful kid, but something about you just makes him full of joy." Greg said. "T-that's good." I said, blushing. After a bit, I took the chicken out of the pot and laid it onto another paper towel. "Judging by the little scenery, I'm assuming you're having it right here?" Greg asked. "Yeah, it's just a little something for us so it's nothing huge." I replied. I had little decorations scattered around the room, with some candles on a table. I wanted to make sure this was at least a little nice, since it is a date after all.

"Now for the dipping sauce..." I said, mixing some ketchup and mustard. I tasted a little bit to make sure it was good, and it tasted pretty delicious. "Alright, I think all the food is ready." I said, putting it down on the counter. Steven had gone to hang out with Connie a bit earlier, so he wasn't here at the moment. "I guess I'll go pick him up, it might be a few minutes so wait here." Greg said, walking to his van. "Hey Osiris, I remember you wanted to talk. What's up?" I asked.

"No, it can wait until after you're done. It's better off that way." Osiris replied.

He was being a lot more ominous than usual, but I shrugged it off. I sat on my phone for a little bit, until I heard some voices outside. The door opened and in came Steven with a giant grin on his face. "Hey Y/n! I'm so excited for today!" He exclaimed, running over to hug me. "I hope so, I made everything special just for you." I giggled, hugging him back. I walked over to the light switch and dimmed the lights, just to set the mood. "Ooo, fancy." Steven chuckled, sitting down. I went over to grab the food and brought it over to the table we were sitting at. "I made some chicken and french fries, I hope that's enough." I said, giving Steven a plate.

"Mmm, smells amazing!" Steven said. I got my food and sat down at the table with him. "This actually came out really good!" I exclaimed, stuffing my face with food. Steven and I talked about some stuff for a bit, just how our day was and other small things. "We should do this more often, I feel like you and I never get to be this close that much." Steven said. "You're right, I guess everyone's been busy. I miss spending time with you like this." I frowned. Steven got up and walked over to me. "Well, I'm glad you did all of this." He smiled, kissing me. I kissed him back, pulling him into a hug.

"Alright, I guess that wraps things up, huh? I should probably get on with the thing I gotta get done, so I'll see you later, okay?" I asked. "Yeah! I'll be waiting for you." Steven replied. I walked outside so I could talk to Osiris finally, giving Lion a pet as I walked by. "Alright, what's this thing you needed to talk about?" I asked.

"There's something I wanted to show you, but before I take you there, have you ever wondered about your mother?" Osiris said.

"Mom? What do you mean? I've only really heard a few things about her, but they weren't exactly the greatest." I replied.