Above The Earth's Sky

Y/n POV

That fight was incredible. Peridot took us to the beta kindergarten after Amethyst wanted to learn more about Jasper. We saw a bunch of holes and cages that were empty, but some looked to have corrupted gems inside. There was this one hole that looked brand new and that was because Jasper was there. Amethyst and Jasper fought it out but Amethyst just couldn't beat her. Steven went up and gave her a little talk on how she shouldn't do everything on her own, and the 2 ended up fusing into someone named 'Smokey Quartz'. They battled out against Jasper and ultimately won in the end, but something happened and Jasper started corrupting herself. Steven tried to heal her, but she was too far along and wasn't able to be saved. Peridot poofed her thanks to her metal powers she discovered, and Amethyst sent her gem to the temple. We were all walking back home to the barn since we were tired and done at the kindergarten.

"I still can't believe how that fight went, you guys fused and were so powerful!" I exclaimed. "Hehe, yup! Amethyst and I make a pretty good team." Steven chuckled. Peridot and Amethyst just nodded in agreement. "But still, I wonder if I could fuse like that." I said.

"What do ya mean? We've fused before." Steven said. "Well yeah, but with your fusion it was just so...alive. Ours kind of just happened and that's it." I sighed. "You didn't tell me you 2 fused?" Amethyst asked. "I didn't? Oh, well it happened back when we were fighting Bismuth." I said.

"Oh...well regardless, you're a pretty powerful kid. I wouldn't have a single doubt that your fusions aren't something strong and willful." Amethyst replied. "Yeah! Don't worry about fusion too much, you're so amazing even just on your own." Steven said, walking up to hold my hand.

"Yeah! You're right, thanks honey." I said, giving him a little kiss. Steven blushed and giggled at that while Peridot and Amethyst just looked away. We finally got to the barn, but were greeted with a little surprise from some familiar guests.

"What the..." Amethyst said. "The rubies are back!" Steven shouted. "Yeah, they showed up not too long ago." Lapis said. "What do they want with us?" I asked.

"Let's release one of them and ask." Garnet said. "Oo, can I pick?" Steven asked. "Sure, go for it." Garnet said. "Okay, let's pick...Leggy!" Steven said. "Leggy?" Pearl asked.

"Steven and I made names for the rubies based on their gem placements. There's Leggy, Army, Navy, Eyeball, and Doc. Leggy seems the easiest to talk to though." I replied. "Alright, come on out Leggy!" Lapis said, releasing Leggy from her water bubble.

"Hi there! I'm Steven, what brings you to earth?" Steven asked. "Well we were um...we were...I don't know?" Leggy responded. "Oh, that's okay! I used to forget why we went on missions all the time." Steven said. "I'll just go stand over here then." Leggy said as she hurried to a corner of the barn.

"Can we take a chance on Army?" I asked. Army's bubble popped and she flopped onto the ground. "Good afternoon!-" Steven was about to say. "RAGH!" Army screamed and started running towards Steven. Garnet swooped in and picked her up. "HEY! PUT ME DOWN, I OUTTA PULVERIZE YOU LIMB-" Army said.

"Aww, next!" Garnet yelled, tucking her under her arm. "Eh...Navy?" Steven asked. Lapis let down Navy. "If I remember correctly we were- oh jeez...uh hah! This is so embarrassing!" Navy said as she blushed and walked away.

"Okay...Eyeball?" I said. "Hmpf, I ain't telling you nothing bout' nothin!" She said, crossing her arms. "Okay, last but not least, Doc." I said. "Where is Jasper? Last time you tricked us into playing some stupid game! Then you told us that she was on "Neptune", so we looked but she wasn't on Neptune. Or any other planet in this damn solar system!" Doc said. "Tell me where she is, no tricks or games!".