Gem Hunt

Y/n POV

Steven and I have been dating for a few days now and I've never been happier in my life. I was finishing up in the bathroom when little did I know, Steven was hiding outside the bathroom door. I dried my hands and opened the door, and all of a sudden I was surprised by a sudden person jumping towards me.

"AHHH!" I screamed, trying to regain my balance. "Hi Y/n!" Steven exclaimed, giving me a hug. "Oh, it's just you! What's going on Steven?" I said. "Not much, I was just waiting for you to get done." Steven replied. "Steven, it's been like 5 minutes." I chuckled. "I-I know, I just missed you!" Steven giggled. Steven grabbed my hand and dragged me to the couch. "You're too cute sometimes." I said, putting my head on his shoulder. "No, you're too cute!" Steven said back. We went back and forth like that for a solid minute before we eventually got tired of it. "Well regardless of who is what, I do know one thing." I said with a wink. "Oh yeah? What's that?" Steven asked. I leaned over and kissed him. Steven went star-eyed and kissed back. The temple door opened and in came Connie who was ready for our mission today.

"Hey guys! I'm he-" Connie said. She looked over to find us both in a brief make-out session. "I...did I...interrupt something?". Steven and I jumped up in shock and noticed Connie just staring in awe at us. "O-oh Connie! Ready for the mission?" Steven asked, red as a tomato. "Why were you guys...wait a minute, did you 2 get together?" Connie asked. Steven and I just stared blankly at each other before nodding. "Uh yeah, we did...a few days ago." I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "That's amazing! I'm so happy for you guys!" Connie said with a smile. "Alright lovebirds, you 2 need to get dressed for the mission. I see you brought appropriate attire Connie, well done." Pearl said, walking into the living room.

"Oh, right! Sorry Pearl." Steven said with a giggle. Steven and I changed into a warm winter jacket and some pants, since we were going to an area that was very snowy and cold. "How do I look?" I asked Steven. "Cute as a button." He giggled, booping me on the nose. I just blushed and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "Alright, let's move." I said, holding his hand. We hopped onto the warp pad and warped to the mission location. "Alright, we're here!" Pearl exclaimed. "Wow, this place is so beautiful." Connie said. Steven took out his phone and started snapping pictures of Connie and Pearl. "I can't believe it's Connie's first mission!" Steven said. "You're gonna have lots of fun." I said with a thumbs up. We began to walk through the snow as Connie recapped the mission.

"Garnet detected some activity in this region, our job is to locate it and contain it." Connie said. "Very good Connie. Now, your human bodies were not designed to last in the cold, so be extra careful." Pearl said. "Don't worry Pearl, I brought all the essential survival tools." Connie said. "And I brought board games, in case we get bored." Steven said, grinning. "I just brought some blankets." I said. "Ah yes, very good everyone." Pearl said. We continued walking for a moment before there was a very loud growl. "Here it comes!" Pearl shouted. We prepared for the monster's attack, but 2 of them showed up. "Wait, there's 2 of them!?" Pearl said, summoning her spear. The 2 gems started running towards us.

"Steven, bubble!" Pearl said. "Bubble power!" Steven said, summoning his bubble. The gems ran towards us but one of them jumped over the bubble while the other just ran in another direction. "Huh, they're running away?" Steven asked. "There's not supposed to be 2 of them..." Pearl said. Since this was a higher threat than originally proposed, Pearl wanted us to retreat back to the temple since it was too dangerous. Connie eventually convinced Pearl to let us split up. Pearl went in one direction while Steven, Connie, and I went the other. "All we gotta do is follow these tracks and we should be let right to the monster." Connie said. "You sure know a lot about wilderness survival, huh?" I asked.

"Well yeah, my parents are always making me be prepared for the world." She replied. "So these corrupted gems, are they just like wild animals?" Connie asked. "Well right now they are, but they weren't like this before. They used to be normal gems with thoughts and feelings but now...I don't really know how corruption works. It's almost like they're and don't remember who they used to be...or even how to look like themselves." Steven said, a little upset. "Woah...are you okay?" I asked, rubbing his back. "Yeah, I'm alright. Come on, we can go this way!" Steven said while rolling down the snowy hill. "Hehe, wait for me!" I said, rolling down after him. Steven and I just piled into a ball in the snow, while Connie used a piece of branch to snowboard down. We continued in our search before we came across some more tracks.