When It Rains

Y/n POV

The ordeal between Pearl and Garnet is finally over, it's a relief to see everyone not at each other's throats for once. On the contrary, we caught Peridot, that little Green Gem that was on the loose. Yeah, we caught her. That was after she kidnapped Steven, though it wasn't very serious. Having decided it would prove useful to unbubble her, Steven let her out. She took refuge in the bathroom, staying away from us. All she's mentioned was something about a "cluster"? I don't have a clue what it is, but I can't imagine it's anything good. 

"Maybe it's like...a huge chunk of granola?" Amethyst asked, leaning on Pearl's back. "Now Amethyst, I'm sure it's not granola. Peridot, maybe we can reach some kind of agreement? Perhaps a trade?" Pearl asked while leaning against the door. 

"Oh sure, how about you just hand me back all of my limb enhancers, my screen, my log, and all of my information. Oh wait, YOU DESTROYED ALL OF THAT! So no, I don't think we can reach any agreement." Peridot said with a short temper. We all collectively groaned as we heard the toilet flush from inside the bathroom.

"Okay Peridot, you can turn around now." Steven said while drying his hands. Steven then walked out of the bathroom and closed the door. "Sorry for interrupting your interrogation." Steven said. "Don't worry about it, Steven." Garnet replied. I sighed as I watched the gems repeatedly try to reason with Peridot. 

"This isn't really getting us anywhere, huh?" I whispered to Steven. "Nope, it might be time to just give up." He replied. 

"Guys, can't you just give it a rest? It's obvious this isn't going to work." I pleaded, growing sick of this back and forth arguing. 

"Oh, she's bound to crack at some point!" Pearl quickly yelled. "I'd never say anything for the likes of you, you...CRYSTAL CLODS! Nehehehe." Peridot laughed. "OH, I'VE GOT YOUR CLODS RIGHT HERE YOU LITTLE-" Pearl shouted. "Pearl, relax. If she's not going to help at all, it's best that we investigate this ourselves." Garnet said. "Oh, I can come with you!" I exclaimed. "Sorry Y/n, we need you to stay and watch our little...guest. Same goes for you too Steven." Garnet said, shaking her head.

"Aw man..." We both said. "Just make sure that she doesn't try anything." Amethyst said. "Don't worry, without her limb enhancers she's harmless." Pearl added. "I'M NOT HARMLESS!" Peridot shouted. "OH, HUSH UP!" Pearl replied from the warp pad. As the gems were leaving Garnet spoke up. "Oh wait you 2, I forgot to tell you something." Garnet said. "Wait what is it?" I asked, panicking. "We love you, byeeee!" Garnet said, making a heart with her hands as they warped away. I blushed at the kind gesture.

"Aw shucks." Steven said. Some time passes by and Steven and I are making dinner. It's raining out currently and there's a little thunder that follows. "Man, it's really coming down huh?" Steven said. "Yeah...It's pretty rough." I said, flinching a bit at the storm. "Hey don't worry Y/n, I'm right here with you." Steven said, remembering my fear of storms. "Thanks, Steven." I said sincerely, while giving him a small smile. Then as the thunder boomed again, Peridot suddenly rushed out of the bathroom.

"OH MY STARS IT'S HAPPENING!" Peridot screamed. "Huh? What is?!" We asked, a little anxious. "THE CLUSTER! WHAT ELSE COULD BE MAKING THAT HORRIBLE- EEEK!" Peridot said while holding onto me. "We're all gonna die!" She continued to shout. "Oh, well that's just thunder" Steven said. Peridot replied with a very confusing gesture, while I just chuckled at her lack of earth knowledge. Steven then explains what rain is to Peridot. "So scalding liquid just pours down from the sky?" Peridot asked, misunderstanding what Steven explained.

"No no, it's just water. It can't hurt you, hey how about we just show you?" Steven said. The thunder had stopped so I was okay going outside. "Woohoo!" Steven yelled as he ran outside into the mud. "C'mon Y/n! It's a lot of fun!" He said, waving at me. "Alright I'm coming!" I yelled as I ran over to him and jumped into the mud. He and I played around in the mud for a bit. "You're too cute like that" I giggled as Steven was head-first into the mud. "No, you're too cute..." Steven thought as he blushed at my comment. This is when Peridot had stepped outside carefully, while feeling the rain on her hand. "Well what do you think? Isn't it cool!" Steven shouted. "Cool..." Peridot replied.

Steven POV

Y/n and I went inside to dry off, while Peridot followed behind us. "We got pretty dirty out there." I laughed while Y/n handed me a towel. "Oh yeah, super dirty." he replied. "Ahem, I have decided to share some information with you 2." Peridot said. "Aww, I know you used my toothbrush" I said. "N-no...well yes but it's information about the cluster." She replied. "You cracked!" Y/n exclaimed. "I haven't cracked!" Peridot said back. "Wait, you gotta tell the gems." I said. "No! I refuse to tell those clods anything. You 2 are the only ones I need!" Peridot said. She then tells us how there is information on something in the 'Prime Kindergarten', the same one where we first found her.

"You want us to take you to the Kindergarten? I don't know..." I said, nervously. "Steven, don't you want to know things about the cluster?" She asked. "Hmm...okay, we can go to the Kindergarten, bu-u-ut" I started to say. "No, a catch! Fine, what are your demands?" Peridot asked. "You're gonna have to hold our hands the whole time." I said slyly. Y/n chuckled as he grabbed my hand and Peridot's. I realized that this was an opportunity to hold hands with Y/n, so I gladly took his.

*Time skip to the Kindergarten Facet*

"Here it is, the cluster." Peridot stated as she tapped on the pedestal. "Oh my god..." Y/n said with a terrified look on his face. "So you're saying that there's a giant, mutant gem the size of the earth, under us right now?!" I said with shock to the massive object. "Oh no, when it forms it will be much larger than the earth. It currently remains dormant, incubating in the earth's core. But once it emerges and takes It's actual form, it will destroy the planet." Peridot replied. As we finish up in the underground section, we climb out. Peridot was telling us that we're all the information she needs, but I insist we need the gem's help. Then from out of nowhere, we start to get attacked by gem mutants.

"Oh no! It's gem mutants!" I shout as they start approaching us. "Do something!" Peridot screams. "I am doing something!" I yelled, as I activated my bubble. "Something useful!" Peridot replied. "Let's move! We gotta get out of here!" Y/n states. We start running but then get caught in a dead end. "We're trapped!" I shout, as the gem mutants attacked my bubble.

Y/n POV

"Shoot, we're in trouble. I gotta do something quick" I think to myself. But then, everything goes dark and I no longer see Steven or Peridot.

"Can you hear me?" A voice says.

"Open your eyes, human child".

"W-what's going on?" I shout, confused at what's happening. I then see a white light, and a figure appears in front of me.

"Yes, I can see it. You've strongly inherited that power. You can do it Y/n...just have faith in your own ability." The figure says, and then disappears suddenly.  

I open my eyes to find my gem glowing a bright blue on the natural black tint. "I...I can do it" I say to myself. Then Steven's bubble pops and just as we were about to get crushed, I force my right hand up to stop the mutant's attacks. Then my left hand lifts up, and forms an electric static around the tip, and shoots some type of arrow-like lightning bolt. The blue aura around my gem disappears, and I can't seem to do any of the things I just did before my very eyes. Steven and Peridot looked over in shock as I just stood there, staring at my hands.

"Y/n...that was incredible! How did you even do that?!" Steven asks, with stars in his eyes. "I-I have no idea what I just did or how I even did it" I reply, not understanding what even happened. "There you 3 are!" A voice shouts. I realize that it's Pearl's voice. They get here and start to scold us about bringing Peridot to the Kindergarten, but that's when Peridot speaks up. "Alright you Crystal Clo- I mean gems. I have something to share with you all about the cluster." Peridot said.