The Whispers In My Head

Y/n POV

It's night right now, Steven is fast asleep while I'm sitting up on the couch. I've been having trouble sleeping lately, I can't get this damn voice out of my head. Every time I go to sleep, I wake to find myself in this white place, with a figure floating near me. I don't know who they are, or really what they are for that matter, but I know that I can't seem to get rid of it. It started happening the day we took Peridot to the Kindergarten. I haven't told Steven or the gems about it because I don't want to add more problems to their lives, but I don't know how to make this stop.

*Brief flashback to the Kindergarten*

"Shoot we're in trouble, I gotta do something quick!" I said to myself.

"Can you hear me?" A voice says.

"Open your eyes human child."

I decided to go to sleep and just hope to forget about it. A little after I doze off, I feel lighter, almost like I'm floating through the air. I open my eyes to the white place again, but something is different. The figure is there as if it was waiting for me. "Who are you, and why do I keep coming back to this damn place?!" I scream at the figure, but it doesn't seem to flinch.

"There is a purpose for everything, and everyone. You aren't coming here of some unnatural occurrence, but of your own free will" The voice says.

"Just cut with philosophical crap and tell me who you are already!" I demand, now getting irritated. The figure lets out a sigh and floats closer to me.

"My name...is Osiris" The voice says. 

"I want to give you something. A gift, or a blessing as some might call it. Stick out your hand, Y/n" Osiris tells me. 

I do as I'm told and he grabs my hand while closing his eyes. He tells me that I might feel a little something and should brace for a shock. "What do you mean a sho- ARGH, WHAT THE HECK?" I scream in pain. It hurt so badly, like something with really sharp fingers was just crawling on my body. I look down at my right hand to see a weird symbol on my palm, it's like a blue engraved diamond. "What on earth- What's this symbol for?" I ask Osiris.

"It's a gift from me to you. Call it a powerup if you may, but it's not something one would so easily possess. Consider yourself lucky." Osiris tells me. 

I started getting light headed, and was having trouble standing up.

"You're going to wake up soon. When you do, you're going to see some things that no one else will. Follow the hallucinations, it's important to your discovery." Osiris says.

"And know this, those who embrace the power and walk amongst the gods, shall know what it's truly like to feel pain. Rest easy now, human child." Osiris finished.

After he says that, I wake up exactly where I was sleeping, but it's still the middle of the night. I see a cyan-tinted figure walking along the beach and assume that's the hallucination that Osiris is talking about. I look down at my hand and see that the symbol is still there, before deciding that it's best to follow the hallucination.

"I really got myself in a pickle, haven't I?" I chuckled to myself. I quietly exited the temple and followed the hallucination across the beach. Whenever I reached the end of where it would take me, another one would appear. It felt like hours upon hours I was just following these things. When the hallucinations finally disappeared, I was in the middle of some kind of desert? I look around to see an abandoned looking building with a symbol on the front...the exact symbol on my hand.

"This has to be the place" I said. I walk towards the entrance of the building and head inside. It looked a lot bigger on the outside, but in the center was some kind of mechanism. I studied it for a bit before realizing all I had to do was push some kind of lever. A door opened and out came this giant gem guardian.