Made Of Honor

Y/n POV

Now that Sapphire said yes to Ruby's proposal, all that's left to do is plan out this wedding! The layout of the wedding was being decided by Ruby and Sapphire, and Steven sat in front of the table to help them discuss it.

"This is just gonna give you some ideas. Ruby said she wanted your reunion as Garnet to be special, and there's nothing more beautiful than a wedding!" Steven exclaimed, tearing up in joy. "Someone's happy about this, I know I sure am!" I smiled, sitting next to him and wiping the tears from his face. "Hehe, thanks, sweetie." Steven giggled, booping me on the nose. "Well it's like they always say, if you want to drink the cow, you gotta put a ring on it." Ruby said. "But nobody says that, sweetums." Sapphire chuckled. "Let's take a look at different styles for your invitations." Steven said, flipping through pages of his book.

"You think we could have flames on them?" Ruby asked. "And some dolphins!" Sapphire added. "Flames and dolphins!" Ruby exclaimed. "I think I got what you're looking for on page 135." Steven said, showing them the page. "Wow, how long did it take you to make this?" Sapphire asked. "My entire life." Steven replied, star-eyed. "I've never seen you make this before, this book is incredible!" I said, mesmerized by it's insane length. "This is gonna be the best wedding ever!" Ruby cheered. "So then, what about you 2? Any plans for marriage?" Sapphire asked. "W-well um...yeah. Steven and I agreed on it." I said, blushing. Her question completely caught us off guard, and I looked over to see Steven hiding his face in the book.

"Oooh, someone's embarrassed." Ruby smirked, making Steven go red. "I-it was just a weird t-timing for the question, that's all!" Steven exclaimed, still blushing madly. I inched my hand over to his, giving it a small tug as I smiled. "But yeah, like Y/n said, we agreed on it. Right now I'm his boyfriend, and one day...I'll be his husband. And that makes me super happy! I can't think of anyone else I'd want to spend the rest of my life with." Steven said, cooling down from the question. "Aww, I love you too, babe." I said, giving him a peck on the lips. After that, we got the others together to help us make wedding invitations.

"This folding is incredible! Who knew that planning a wedding could be so fun?" Pearl said. "I did!" Steven added. "Alright, time to sign!" Ruby said, writing her initial on the card while Sapphire did the same. "Here ya go, Peri." Ruby said, handing Peridot the signed card. "We've been filling these envelopes ALL DAY! How much does that make?" Peridot whined, handing the card to Amethyst. "With this one that makes...TEN!" Amethyst said, stacking the envelope. "Oh, just...10." Sapphire said, a little disappointed. After we did the wedding invitations, Steven took Ruby and Sapphire outside by the altar to explain the steps into the wedding. I stayed inside for the time being so I could give them their privacy. After a bit, Steven came inside and sat at the kitchen table.

"Something bothering you, Steven?" I asked, noticing he looked conflicted. "I've been thinking about something, but I'm hesitant on doing it." Steven replied. "And that is?" I asked. He grabbed the marker and an extra card, writing the name 'Bismuth' on it. "Oh...Go for it, I'll cover for you." I replied. "You sure? Thanks a lot, sweetie." Steven said, kissing me on the cheek. He then hurried deep into the temple.

Steven POV

I hurried to the burning room which contained all the gems and looked for Bismuth's. Once I found the bubble, I hopped up and grabbed it, preparing myself for what's to come. "I hope this works..." I thought to myself. I set the gem on the ground and watched as it unbubbled, slowly reforming back into Bismuth. "What the- I'm back?" Bismuth asked, frantically looking around. "Hey there, Bismuth. Long time no see..." I nervously said. "Rose! I mean, Steven." Bismuth said. "Oh geez...there's a 3rd option now..." I replied. Bismuth looked all around the room, taking in the sight of all the bubbled gems.