The Breaking and Formation of Bonds

Steven POV

Amethyst, Y/n, and I were sitting in my room watching crying breakfast friends.

"I don't get it, why can't they just eat the ice cream off the floor instead of crying about it?" Amethyst said. "That's disgusting." Y/n cringed. 

While we were watching tv, it started glitching out and flashing a blue static color. 

"Aw man, it was doing this yesterday." I said with a sigh. Amethyst sat up and walked over to the tv. "Hang on, I got this," She said, beating the tv. "Is it any better now?"  

"It's never done that before!" I said in a moment of shock, as the tv changed to a different screen. Suddenly, a video message from Peridot starts playing on the tv.

"This is Peridot transmitting on all plausible frequencies from the abandoned crystal system colony planet Earth, to Yellow Diamond. My mission has been compromised, my escort and informant are gone, and I am now stranded! PLEASE SEND HELP!" Peridot says. 

As the transmission ends, I call Connie on my phone to ask her about the broadcast. "Okay, thanks Connie. Connie said that it's on her tv as well." I said while hanging up the phone. 

Pearl and Garnet then both walked into the room. 

"Where could this signal even be coming from that's this strong?" Pearl asked.

"There's only one possible place." Garnet replied. Garnet explained to us it's the Communication Hub, so I had Lion make a portal to take us there. We then emerged from the portal with Y/n and I gasping for air, while Lion collapsed from all the weight. 

"Lion, are you okay?" I asked while patting him on the head. "It's as I feared." Garnet sighed. "This is the communication hub? Holy.. it's massive!" Y/n said while staring at the tall structure. 

"Yes, and it seems Peridot has somehow repaired the hub. Well, at least some of it" Pearl stated. "So then...we just gotta wreck the place up again, right?" I said. "Oh! Amethyst and Garnet should form Sugilite!" 

"I mean... It's up to Garnet" Amethyst said. She then smirked and said "What do you say? Shall we mash it up a bit?" while Pearl looked nervous in the distance. 

"No." Garnet replied vaguely. "But why?! Don't we need to be big like last time?" Amethyst said, shocked at Garnet's response. Garnet takes off her visor and looks at Amethyst. 

"I can be brash, and you can be reckless. And we can both get carried away. So, for the time being, Sugilite is benched." Garnet said while putting her visor back on. "It's you and me Pearl, let's fuse." 

Pearl is overcome with emotions as she's holding a huge smile on her face with tears.

"Don't cry, Pearl." Garnet said. "I'm right behind you." Pearl said. Garnet and Pearl start dancing, while Y/n and I watched them with stars in our eyes. 

"Good evening, everybody! This is the lovely Sardonyx reporting to you live from the soon-to-be-former communication hub! How are y'all doin' tonight?" Sardonyx exclaimed. "Great..." Amethyst said while rolling her eyes. 

"GIANT WOMAN!" I shouted while running over to Sardonyx. Y/n's jaw dropped as he watched Sardonyx pick me up. 

"Oh, my stars! If it isn't Steven Universe! So, we finally meet. What do you think, was I worth the wait? Oh, what am I saying of course I was!" Sardonyx laughed. "You're so pretty" I said while mesmerized by the spinning giant woman.

"And don't think I forgot you, little meatball!" Sardonyx said while picking up Y/n. "So, you're the infamous Sardonyx I've heard about. Nice to meet you, finally!" Y/n exclaimed.