Diving Into New Territory

Y/n POV

For a moment it was so dark, and I couldn't see a thing. I don't know how I got here or what was going on, but there was not a thing in sight. I think I was really dead this time, something I had always used to long for. The afterlife isn't what you'd think it is, and I could only see one thing. I figured you see some kind of holy spirit or god, but no, all I saw was the figure of a white being just lifting up higher. It seemed like they were apologizing, but apologizing for what? Who even were they? So many questions I had, yet I was dead. No one could answer them, or even know them. At least, I thought I was dead...It almost felt like a small gust of oxygen, or even energy was filling my lungs and muscles. Was I being given a second chance? Or was I just having a surreal experience that did nothing but forge fake hope. But for at most a millisecond, I could move.

"Y/N!" Someone shouted. It was so faint that I just couldn't make it out. My body just reacted on it's own, slowly opening my eyes. I could see the air filled with tiny particles of smoke, while the small surroundings I could see were all destroyed entirely. D-did I do that? That's impossible, but how would I even end up in this position? "Y/n! You're alive!" Steven shouted while teary-eyed, pulling me in for a tight hug. I was really confused, my mind just went blank as I tried to put together what had even happened. "I-i was so worried that you were really d-dead..." Steven said. Then it hit me, who is this kid?

"Look, I'm really sorry, but...who are you?" I asked. "W-what? C'mon, Y/n, it's Steven! You know, your boyfriend!" Steven exclaimed, accumulating a confused expression on his face. "I think I'd know if I had a boyfriend? Who are these other guys standing behind me?" I asked, pointing to the mysterious 'people'. Steven stared at me with this almost saddened expression, looking to the others for help. My body was a bit sore, and I looked at my hand to find this white marking in the shape of a diamond. "What the hell...?" I said to myself, inspecting it. "Hey dude, do you not remember anything at all?" Amethyst asked, kneeling down. "Not in particular, weird...purple person?" I replied. Amethyst cringed a bit, standing up.

"Yeah, he's completely gone." She said, sighing. "Oh dear...how are we going to fix this? Maybe you would know, Garnet?" Pearl asked. A sort of red person walked over to me and helped me up. For some reason, I felt inclined to accept. "Steven, try your healing powers. Perhaps it's something temporary we can speed up." Garnet said. "Listen, sweetie, I know you don't remember me, so this is gonna be a bit awkward. But maybe it'll help you remember?" Steven said in advance, before he kissed me on the lips. He's right, I didn't recognize him, and yet, once again I felt inclined to lean into it. "You're in there somewhere, and I'm gonna get you back." Steven mumbled, giving me a small smile. From beyond the wreckage a bit, came 2 giant sized 'people'.

"What on earth- mmfh!" I said, holding my head. I just got the most bizarre feeling, spiking throughout every bit of me. "Y/n?!" Steven asked. Something about those 2, it was dangerous. I could feel a negative aura that was being given off, sending chills down my spine. Were they the key to remembering everything? Were they the reason I lost my memories? So many questions, but it feels like I have such little time. "Pink...it really is you!" Blue Diamond shouted, picking up Steven and giving him a little giant hug. She had tears running down my face, which started to apply to me and the others. Why on earth am I even crying? Why is everyone crying? Just how much of my memories have I lost?

"Wait, we can't just hand Steven over to Blue Diamond, she's a shatterer!" Garnet yelled. "She isn't gonna hurt him, look at her. She really thinks he's one of them." Bismuth pointed out. "Are you guys...okay?" Connie asked. "It's Blue Diamond's power, she's obviously very relieved Pink Diamond wasn't shattered after all." Pearl replied. "I just don't understand, how could you do this to us, Pink? Why did you let us believe you were shattered, why this disguise, why didn't you say something at the trial? And Blue, please, I can't see." Yellow asked, wiping the tears off her eyes.