Message Received

Steven POV

Y/n's been feeling a lot better ever since that whole incident. He told us about the mark on his hand and some kind of voice in his head? I didn't really make much sense of it, but I'm glad he's doing better. However, we visited the moon base to retrieve the location of the cluster. This ended kind of badly after Peridot started saying some stuff about the earth and Rose Quartz, which set off the others. I noticed she took a small device from the moon base, but I'm not sure what it does or what she plans to do with it.

"Something bothering you Steven?" Y/n asked me. "Oh, It's just you, Y/n." I said, jumping at his sudden appearance. "Curious about what Peridot grabbed, huh?" Y/n said. I nodded my head before Y/n motioned for me to follow him into the barn. We head inside to see Peridot fiddling with the device. "Oh! Steven, Y/n what are you guys doing here?" Peridot says with an awkward smile. "Nothing much, we just were curious about the diamonds." I said with a straight face. We go inside the truck that's sitting in the barn while Peridot proceeds to tell us a little about the diamonds. "Huh, so you're really loyal to her?" I asked. "Well of course! We may have our little truce, but I would never forsake the gem I was made for." Peridot replied.

"That's good, because she's right behind you" Y/n said. Peridot squealed and turned around and I snatched the device out of her hand while Y/n and I hopped out of the truck, leaving Peridot locked inside. "You're up against one of earth's most greatest trapping technologies: The child safety lock!" I said. "Nooo! How could you do this to the great and loveable Peridot?" Peridot whined. "We saw you sneak this little thing off the moon base, just what exactly is it?" Y/n asked. "It's nothing special, totally not important at all." Peridot replied. "Well then you wouldn't mind if I smash it with this hammer?" I said, holding a hammer to the device.

"Wait wait wait! Okay look, it's a communicator used for contacting the diamonds back on Homeworld." Peridot said. "You're still trying to contact the diamonds?" Y/n asked with a sigh. "Yes, of course! I finally figured it out, you clods can't do anything right and I even got carried away myself. But you see, none of that matters! All that DOES matter is that I'm of use to yellow diamond!" Peridot exclaimed. "Ugh, why do I keep sticking my neck out for you? You're never going to be on our side!" I yelled and ran to tell the others. "Steven!" Y/n yelled trying to calm me down. He sighed and turned to Peridot while saying "If you move even an inch, I'll personally break you." with a menacing stare and walked off after me.

"She took a direct line to the diamonds? What was she thinking!" Pearl said in shock. I just huffed and hid my head in my hood. "Hey, it's alright Steven. At least we got it away from her before she could do anything really bad." Y/n said while pulling me into a hug. I nodded my head and gave a little smile. Suddenly, there was a loud boom coming from the barn. We look over to see Peridot in her giant robot and the barn having a giant hole in it. "Haha you crystal clods! Your trapping technologies were meaningless once I applied logic!" Peridot yelled. Peridot had the device in her hand and started to run away in her robot. Y/n got angry at this and held out his hand, while the mark expanded. I guess he learned how to use it, sort of?

"OH NO YOU DON'T!" Y/n yelled while jumping on Peridot's robot. "I told you didn't I?...I'd break you if you move." Y/n said in a very monotone voice, while holding his hand out at the robot. "Thunderstruck arrow..." Y/n whispered as he blasted the robot. It flew back a bit along with Peridot in it. "QUICK! AFTER HER!" Garnet yelled as we ran over to the robot. We attacked the robot, trying to get Peridot out of it. She crawled through one of the arms and escaped the robot. I saw this and ran after her. "I trusted you! I spent so much time bonding and trying to befriend you!" I yelled angrily, while holding Peridot tightly as she squirmed. She then jumped out of my grip and twisted the device, revealing a large screen. We then ducked behind the robot as Peridot watched in awe at the screen.

"What's happening?" I said, scared of what was going to happen. Y/n tried to comfort me, but was nervous at what was happening too. "Shh, just breathe Y/n." I said, holding his hand. Y/n smiled at me and took a deep breath. The screen then enlarged and showed a yellow gem. "Is that another Pearl, who is she?" I asked Pearl. "Not every Pearl knows each other Steven" Pearl whispered. "This is the Yellow Diamond Control Room, who authorized you to make this call?" Yellow Pearl said. "N-no one, but it's an emergency!" Peridot exclaimed. "That's no excuse to use the direct Diamond communication channel" Yellow Pearl stated. "Pearl...why is there someone on the diamond line?" Yellow diamond asked. "I-i don't know, I was just going to tell her that-" Yellow Pearl said before she was cut off.

"I'll take it from here" Yellow diamond said. "M-my diamond, Peridot reporting in!" Peridot said, while saluting. "Which Peridot?" She replied. "Uhh, F-Facet 2-F-5-L, Cut 5-X-G. I'm sorry to contact you here, but all other forms of communication are unavailable and-" Peridot said, but was cut off. "This says you're behind on your mission to...how is the earth?" She asked. "It's...full of life." Peridot said. "Organic life...where is the Jasper I assigned you, and why aren't you calling from the ship?" She said. "The ship was...destroyed." Peridot replied nervously. "By whom?" She said, with a stern look. "The ship was destroyed by...no one! There was an accident while we were landing." Peridot says, while looking over to us. I was shocked at how she was defending us.

"I'll inform your manager of your incompetence. Very well, there will be a ship coming to your location to pick you up." Yellow diamond replied. Peridot then exclaimed that she wanted to terminate the cluster, which started an argument with Yellow diamond. "I want the cluster to grow, and I want that planet to die. Is. That. Clear!?" Yellow diamond said, very angrily. "I won't do it! I can tell you with certainty that there are things on this planet worth preserving!" Peridot squealed. "What do you know about the earth?" Yellow diamond yelled. "Apparently more than you...you...CLOD!" Peridot replied. Yellow diamond got incredibly pissed off, and Peridot ended the call. "Peridot, that was amazing!" I yelled and gave her a big hug. "I didn't think you had it in you!" Y/n said while joining in on the hug.

"I can't believe I just did that..." Peridot said. "You thought you could reason with her." Garnet said. "And then you insulted her straight to her face." Pearl replied. "Can one of you take this?" Peridot asked. "Huh, why?" Y/n said. "Because it can be remotely detonated." She replied. Suddenly, the device started beeping and she threw it to Amethyst, who threw it to Pearl, who threw it to me. I bubbled it, then Garnet punched it into the air and it exploded. "Well that happened..." Y/n said, staring at the explosion. "Do you know what this means?!" I screeched, excited at what just happened. "You're officially a crystal gem!" I said while giving her a massive hug.

"Whether you like it or not." Garnet said. "Hey Peridot? Sorry about threatening you before" Y/n apologized awkwardly, while rubbing his neck.

*A/N So some of Y/n's abilities are being shown more often huh? More of what he can do and this strange mark will be explained later on, but let's just say for now that he has an affinity for the 'Lightning nature' currently ;).