Mr. Greg

Steven POV

I was sitting in the van with dad watching tv, when all of a sudden a burger ad came on. I recognized the song as it was dad's song he played when he met my mom.

"Dad, your song is on tv!" I said. "Yup, apparently my old manager Marty sold my song as a burger jingle and now I'm filthy rich." He chuckled. I giggled as Pearl walked over to us. "What is this?" Pearl asked. "Y'know the night rose came to my concert? I was playing this song!" Greg said. "This is what did it, burgers?" Pearl asked in shock. "It was about burgers at the time, but she probably would've liked this, right?" Greg asked. "She would've loved it" Pearl said with a sigh. Dad just groaned at her response. "Right...so what are you gonna do with all the money?" I asked. "Hmm, I'm not sure" Greg said. I looked over to see Y/n walking to the house, I forgot he had to go by the hospital to see how his fingers were healing.

"Hey Y/n!" I yelled. He looked up at me and smiled, walking over to us. "Hey Steven, what's going on?" Y/n said. "Not much, dad was telling me about his burger jingle that made him rich" I giggled. "Burgers, huh?" Y/n cringed a bit at that. Dad pulled out his guitar and started to strum some notes. I patted the ground next to me for Y/n to sit down. He sat down next to me as dad started singing.

Greg: Bright sunny day, don't cost nothing.

Light summer breeze, don't cost nothing.

What do I do, with all this money?

When the only thing I want is you? 

Palling around, don't cost nothing.

Singing a song, don't cost nothing.

How do I spend, all this money?

I'd rather just spend time with you. 

Steven: You could buy a house, and a car. 

Greg: I guess that I can, but I've already got a van.

I could put you through college. 

Steven: But I'm with the gems all the time. 

Greg: I could buy you all the finest courses online. 

Y/n: What if you took a trip? 

Greg: Do ya think? 

Y/n: Yeah I do, you could take a vacation. 

Steven: We could go somewhere new! 

We pondered over what to do for a moment, when dad suddenly had a great idea.

Greg: I know a place that's always exciting!

The show and the sights and the lights that are blinding! Empire City!

I'm talkin' Empire City! 

The streets and the sounds and the buildings towering!

Subways that run from Brooklyn to the Bowery!

Empire City!

Let's go to Empire City! 

Steven and Y/n: We don't need money!

But could be funny!

So let's go today!

Just point the way too...