A Busy November

Steven POV

I'm super duper excited! Tomorrow is Y/n's birthday so I want to make sure I do something extra special for him. Since it's his first time celebrating a birthday, I need to make sure that this one will be the best he'll ever have! I got home from going shopping for a bit, and saw that the temple was a lot cleaner than usual. The dishes were put away, my laundry was in a clean pile, and our bed was made. I looked over to see Y/n passed out in a chair, leaning on the kitchen table. Man, I wish he would let me help with some of the chores but he always insists that he's got it. I put the bag I was carrying down on the couch, while I went over to go wake up Y/n.

"Hey sweetie, let's go get ready for bed, okay?" I said, giving him a peck on the check. "Huh? Oh, sorry Steven, guess I fell asleep." Y/n said, barely able to keep his eyes open. I grabbed his hand and took him to the bathroom so we could get dressed. Y/n kept briefly falling back to sleep so I had to help him get dressed.

"Alright, arms up!" I said, helping him pull off his shirt. He leaned his head on me as I grabbed his shirt. "H-hey! Here's your s-shirt." I said, blushing. Y/n stood up and put his shirt on, while I turned around so he could finish getting dressed. Y/n finished up and I headed into the kitchen, so I could put away some of the little snacks I bought for the birthday.

"I can't believe tomorrow is your birthday! Are you excited?" I asked. "Oh yeah, this is gonna be the first time I've celebrated one, so I'm really excited!" Y/n replied. I was done in the kitchen so we got into bed, while Y/n put on a little lofi playlist on his phone to help us sleep better. "Hey Steven, can I ask you something?" Y/n said. "Sure, what's on your mind?" I asked. "Well...I've been thinking...do you think we're gonna be together for a long time?" Y/n asked.

"Of course we are! I love you so much more than you probably realize! Do you think we aren't...?" I said.

"No, that wasn't it...I know we're still really young and all, but I've been putting some thought into it. Do you...um...would you like to get married someday?" Y/n replied, blushing. At first I thought I was dreaming, but I realized Y/n was actually asking if we wanted to get married someday. "Y/n...I would love nothing more in the world!" I exclaimed, hugging him tightly. Y/n's smile became a huge grin, and he snuggled closely into me. "Good night Steven." He said. "Good night Y/n." I replied. I made sure to wake up early the next morning so I could get everything ready. I quietly stepped outside and called Connie to have her help me. 

"Hey Connie, are you ready to plan a birthday?" I asked her. "Yup! I'm on my way now, is Y/n still asleep?" She asked. "Yup, I'll let him sleep in a bit, he's been pretty tired lately." I replied. "Great, I'll see you there!" Connie replied, hanging up. I decided to freshen up in the bathroom and take a shower while I waited for Connie. When I got out of the bathroom, Connie was waiting for me on the couch.

"I'm a little early but I hope that's okay!" Connie whispered. "Yeah, that's fine. Let's get to work!" I replied. Connie decorated the room with streamers and balloons, while I looked at a recipe for a cake and followed it to the best of my ability. "Alright...it should be ready to go in the oven now!" I said, sticking the pan inside the oven. "Mmm, smells good." Connie said. We arranged a plan for the day which was to have the party, open gifts, and surprise Y/n with a warp tour of some different locations for the scenery. Y/n has told me that he really likes pretty landscapes, so I figured this would be the perfect thing for him! As we waited for the cake to finish baking, Connie and I played some cards.

"Mmm...pancakes..." Y/n mumbled in his sleep. Connie and I giggled at his silliness and went to take the cake out of the oven. "Alright, I just gotta put icing on the cake now. Can you get a piping bag for me?" I said. Connie went over to get a bag while I made frosting for the cake. I did my best to make it neat, but I'm sure Y/n won't mind if it's a little off center. "Happy...birthday...Y/n." I said, writing out the words. "And...It's done!".