With Ruby As The Goal

Steven POV

"I'm so sorry for all the horrible things I said to you, Ruby..." Sapphire said, beginning to cry as she read the note. "Wait, Amethyst was with her. She's gotta know where Ruby went!" Y/n said. We ran over to my room to find Amethyst laying on my bed while playing a video game. "Hey Amethyst, have you seen Ruby anywhere?" I asked. "Well yeah I've seen her, she asked me for a pen a while ago. Why?" Amethyst replied. "It's because she ran away! Do you have any idea where she went?" Pearl said, showing Amethyst the note. "No clue, maybe she'll come back. I'm not her babysitter or anything. But that aside, Steven, Y/n, any of you up for a round? I need a player 2." Amethyst said. "Hold on a minute, Amethyst, this is serious." Y/n replied.

"Sapphire, can you see Ruby coming back in your future vision?" I asked, having a slight bit of hope. "Maybe! But she's so....wonderful and...spontaneous...I have no- why would she be a cowboy?!" Sapphire said, running into Pearl's legs, crying. "H-hey, it's going to be okay. She will come back, I mean she's got to come back, and if she doesn't, well...then that means no more Garnet...and what on earth would we do without Garnet?" Pearl replied, starting to cry herself now. "Oh boy...can you 2 move this somewhere else? Steven, Y/n, and I have some video games that we're gonna play. Woah, woah, it's okay! Don't worry, Sapphire, Y/n and I are gonna go find Ruby." I said, trying to comfort her.

"Yeah, don't worry! We'll get her back in no time." Y/n added as we walked outside to begin the search. "Wait up guys, I'm coming too!" Amethyst shouted as she ran off after us. We looked outside along the beach for any clues of where she might have gone, but there was just no sign of Ruby anywhere. "This just doesn't make any sense, I can't find anything that would even give us a slight clue of where she went." I sighed. "I got an idea, I'll check further along the coastline. Steven, since you have the bubble, check underwater with Amethyst." Y/n said, walking off. "You heard him, let's go, Amethyst!" I exclaimed, popping my bubble and hopping right into the water. We searched every corner of the ocean that was nearby, but no luck anywhere. After a miserable search, we got out of the water to find Y/n sitting on a log, shaking his head no.

"Let's just go see if she's in town, maybe." I sighed. We started walking towards Beach City, while Amethyst kept doing silly little things along the way. "Look, I love all of the little goofs...but I'm just really worried about Ruby. So can you stop messing around?" I said, letting off another sigh. Y/n noticed this and walked up behind me, wrapping his arms around me. "Huh- what are you doing?" I asked, jumping in surprise. "Sorry, you looked like you could use a hug." Y/n apologized, letting go. "Oh, well I could use someone to hold my hand." I smiled sincerely, holding out my hand. He quickly took my hand, flashing me a small smile as we walked off towards the town. We made it to my dad's car wash where we look to see if anyone is inside.

"Doesn't look like anyone is here." I said, peering into the glass. "We just need to keep looking, c'mon." Y/n said, motioning for us to keep going. Our search continued, going to every possible place we could think of that she could go. We ended up at the Fish Stew Pizza where I looked inside, but still didn't see her. "She isn't here either...this is where I'd go whenever I'm feeling down, pizza always cheers me up." I said. "Well why don't we go get some?" Amethyst asked. "Yeah, how about we stop here for a bit?" Y/n added. "But we haven't found Ruby..." I said. "Listen, why don't we eat up and get some more energy, then we can continue our search." Y/n said. "Alright...a little pizza couldn't hurt." I replied, heading inside.

"Here's your pizza! With...literally every topping on it, enjoy." Kiki said, putting the massive sized pizza in front of us. "Thanks!" The 3 of us said, grabbing a slice of pizza. "So...all this time, Pink Diamond was technically just rebelling against herself? I mean, you've got her gem right there." Amethyst said with a mouth full of pizza. "Yeah..." I said. "So how are you feeling, babe?" Y/n asked me. "I just feel really confused, like I thought I had everything finally figured out. But now it turns out mom didn't, and now she's some kind of royalty? I'm happy that she didn't shatter anyone, but she lied to everyone. I mean, I already knew she was a liar..." I replied.