A blossomed Endearment

Steven POV

"ARGH!!! I was so close to telling him!" I thought to myself. After we got back from Empire City, I couldn't stop thinking back to that point. I was sitting on my bed when I looked down at Y/n, he was sitting on the couch on his phone. An idea popped into my head and I had a huge grin on my face.

"Hey Y/n, wanna take a walk on the boardwalk?" I asked him. "Hmm...sure, why not?" Y/n said with a smile. I put my sandals on and we walked outside across the beach. "So, any particular thing you'd like to do?" Y/n asked me. "I got some stuff planned, wanna grab a bite to eat at Fish Stew Pizza?" I said. "Ooo, pizza sounds really good right now." Y/n said. "Not as good as you..." I muttered. "Huh, you say something?" Y/n asked. "N-nope, nothing at all!" I said sheepishly. We walked to Fish Stew Pizza and got a table inside. I ordered the both of us a medium pepperoni pizza with some garlic bread on the side. "Are you sure you don't want me to pay? I feel bad making you spend money." Y/n said. "Don't worry about it, I insist." I said. We ate our food for a bit before paying and then heading out.

"C'mon, let's head to Funland next!" I said, grabbing his hand and running to Funland. "W-woah! Slow down there Steven!" Y/n said, giggling. We got to Funland and decided to play some of the games first. Y/n ended up doing really well on the ball toss, while I missed pretty badly since I was so focused on him. "Your target is over there, Steven." Y/n said, chuckling. I couldn't stop blushing at how I was just staring at him the whole time. "Hello? Earth to Steven." Y/n said. "O-oh! S-sorry, I was distracted..." I said, flustered. He grabbed my hand and we started walking over to some of the rides. Unfortunately we were too short for some of the rides, but that didn't mean we couldn't have fun. We went on the few of the ones we could, until we stopped by the Ferris wheel.

"Wanna go for a ride on it?" I asked Y/n. "Sure, sounds fun!" Y/n replied. We gave Mr. Smiley our tickets before stepping onto the ride. It was a slow ride but it went up pretty high. "Wow, it's so pretty from up here." Y/n said, mesmerized by the gorgeous sun kissed sky. "Yeah, though it's not nearly as pretty as you are." I said with a grin. Y/n became a tomato and just smiled back. I slowly inched my hand closer to his before they were touching. "Someone's a little touchy today." Y/n chuckled. "Heh, I guess it's just one of those days." I replied. The Ferris wheel went around a few times before the ride finally stopped. Y/n and I stepped off and walked around Funland one last time before we were getting ready to leave. By the time we got out it was already night time, guess time flies when you're having fun.

"Hey, before we go home, there's one more place I wanna stop by." I said. "Oh, okay. Lead the way then." Y/n replied. I took his hand and we walked to the cliffside that was above the temple. I sat down on the grass and patted the ground for Y/n to join me. "What are we doing here?" Y/n asked with a slight laugh. "Well...there's something I've been meaning to tell you for a while now." I said. "Alright, I'm listening." Y/n replied. I pondered for a moment before finally deciding to speak up. "Y/n..." I said. "...Yeah?" He asked, confused at the random silence. "What did you wanna tell m-". I leaned over and kissed him. Y/n grew incredibly red, but to my surprise he kissed me back. We stayed like that for a few seconds before I backed out.

"I can't stop thinking about you Y/n...I like you...like... a lot" I said, blushing at my words. "Well...I guess that's a good thing then, because I really like you too." Y/n said with a grin. "I was wondering if you'd like to...be my boyfriend?" I asked, nervous about what he was gonna say. He then looked at me and gave me another kiss, before saying "Of course! I've never had a boyfriend before, but I think you'd make the best one." with a giant grin on his face. My whole face lit up and I pulled him into a big hug. Since it was late, we headed back to the temple to go to sleep. I got into my pajamas and crawled into bed, when I saw Y/n getting into bed on the couch.

"Hey Y/n, c'mon and sleep in the bed with me. We're a couple, aren't we?" I said with a giggle. Y/n had a big grin on his face and walked up to my room and snuggled up next to me. "Good night, Y/n." I said, cuddling up with him. "Good night, Steven." Y/n said, while putting his head on my chest.

*Time skip to the next morning*

I woke up to a very sunny morning, to see Y/n sleeping soundly on my chest. "'Morning Y/n." I said with a smile. He slowly sat up and gave me a hug. "Good morning Steven." He said. We got out of bed and went to make breakfast. "Last night sure was something, huh?" Y/n said as he cracked some eggs open. "Yup, I'm really happy I get to be with you." I said, grinning. "How long were you waiting to tell me?" Y/n asked. "A while actually, I wanted to tell you but I just never could..." I said sheepishly. "Well I'm glad you did, I get to be so happy with you." Y/n said, coming over to give me a kiss. We finished making breakfast and sat down to eat. I realized that we were gonna have to tell the gems and my dad at some point.

"Hey Y/n? We should probably tell the others at some point that we're together." I said. "Oh yeah, you're right. Well, why don't we start with your dad since the gems are out on a mission for a few days." Y/n replied. We finished eating our breakfast before we got dressed to go find my dad. "He should be at the car wash I would think." I said. I grabbed his hand and we walked to the car wash, and sure enough my dad was there. "Hey Schtu-ball! Hey Y/n! What brings you 2 here?" Greg asked. "There was something we wanted to tell you." Y/n said. "Y/n and I...we're dating each other." I said. Dad put down the hose he was carrying and gave us both a bear hug with a huge grin on his face.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you 2!" Greg said. Dad let the both of us go, but bent over to whisper something into my ear. "I'm really glad you told him, Steven. You 2 are gonna be so happy together." Greg said softly. "Yeah, me too." I whispered back. Y/n got a call from the hospital, telling him that he should go in for a vaccination to prevent any infections from arising. "More hospital stuff, huh?" I asked. Y/n nodded his head and groaned. "I'll be back in a bit, okay?" Y/n said. Before he left, he gave me a quick peck on the lips and I waved to him as he walked off. For the first time in my life, I've been happier than I could have ever imagined. Something about Y/n just makes me wanna be with him forever, and I felt that we were gonna have such a good life together.