Homeworld Struggles

Steven POV

"Ouch." I said, rubbing my head as I stood up. I took a glance in front of, and noticed the view of the giant Diamond ship. Looking around, the room was very empty, but coated in a light pink with very dark pink magenta curtains. "Is this...Pink's room?" I asked, searching around. The room was legitimately empty, not a trace of anything. "Huh, I need a bed." I said. I laid down on the floor when I suddenly got lifted up by something. To my surprise, a bit of the ground lifted up and I noticed these tiny little...gems? They quickly disappeared, so I had an idea.

"I need a place to sit." I said. Just like before, the floor lifted up beneath me. I saw another glimpse of the tiny gems, but they ran away again. "Hmm, I need a shelf for my... face, face, face, face, face~" I sang, putting my head on the wall. A small portion of it opened into a shelf, and I was able to look inside. "Who the heck are you little guys?" I asked the scurrying gems. They didn't respond, but insisted on running away. "Um, thank you!" I exclaimed.

"'Thank you'?" One of the gems asked. "Is it..." Another said. "It really is her!" A gem said. Suddenly, a bunch of these little guys began to jump onto my face. "Why does she look so different?" One gem asked. "Pinkie time! She's back! Our Diamond, Pink!" A gem exclaimed. One of them crawled into my mouth. "Hey- don't build stuff in my mouth!" I said, spitting out a gem and a small house. "Alright, just who are you little guys?" I asked. "Very funny, Pink!" One gem said. "She's always playing her games, pretending she doesn't know us Pebbles." Another gem said.

"Pebbles, so that's what they are." I thought to myself. They started climbing up around me, going into my pockets too. "Steven!" Pearl called out from a distance. The door opened and in came Pearl, which caused the Pebbles to scatter. "Pearl!" I exclaimed. Pearl ran over to me, hugging me tightly. "Oh thank the stars, you're okay! Did White Diamond hurt you?" She asked. "No, she just said 'Welcome home', I don't think she understands that I'm not Pink Diamond. Where's Connie, Amethyst, Garnet, and Y/n?" I replied.

"They're still on the ship back outside, I'm only here to bring your things. And apparently they consider me one of your things." Pearl said, groaning. "Yeesh." I replied. As soon as I said that, we heard a small chime. "That's the Diamond chime; it's Yellow." Pearl said. Once she said that, the door opened, revealing Yellow Pearl. "Pink Diamond, my Diamond has requested your presence in the extraction chamber." Yellow Pearl said. "C'mon, let's get you into a suit." Pearl added. I changed out of my regular clothes into a pair of swim trunks, and followed Yellow Pearl down a hallway. "Swim trunks don't exactly seem very formal." I pointed out. "Believe me, they will be much more comfortable than jeans." Pearl replied. When we reached the end of the hallway, we were in front of a large Yellow door.

"Pink Diamond." Yellow Pearl said. "Please, call me Steven." I replied. "Pink Steven." Yellow Pearl said. "No, just Steven." I corrected. "Pink Steven." Yellow Pearl then said. "Call me...Lasagna." I said, smugly. "Steven, stop. You're going to break her." Pearl warned. I nodded and hurried inside the room, seeing Yellow Diamond sitting in a sauna. "Hey, Yellow! Cool sauna you got here." I exclaimed. "It's new, have a seat." Yellow Diamond replied. I jumped up onto a seat, sitting down across from her.

"So, you got to speak with White. How was it?" She asked. "Not great, all I got to say was 'Hi', and 'Um', and 'I'." I replied. "2 and a half words, now that's a record." She said. "But 2 and a half words aren't enough. I still gotta talk to White about healing all of the corrupted gems!" I said. "Hmm, good luck with that. White never leaves her own head these days. She never lets anyone in, except you, I guess. It's so unfair, I have so many successful colonies but you get to talk to her just because your one colony was a failure!" Yellow exclaimed.

"Maybe you should just...fail?" I suggested. Yellow gave me a look, before bursting out into laughter. "Oh Pink, you've always had a knack for making me laugh." She said, wiping a tear. In the midst of this, the Diamond chime rings again. "Already? Excuse me, I have to check on the latest Citrine production reports." Yellow said, walking out of the room. I tried to say something but she had already left by then. "That didn't go how I hoped it would..." I thought to myself. Just then, Blue Pearl had stepped into the room.