It Feels Like Christmas

Y/n POV

Life has been pretty good ever since Steven and Connie finally worked things out, but what I'm really happy about is this time of year, everything is so pretty. The temple is all decorated, the snow is falling, and we're all together!

"Look how much snow there is!" Steven said, pointing to the window. "That's gotta be at least a few feet!" I exclaimed. Steven and I were actually about to go out and get some hot chocolate for dinner. Greg was also staying over with us until Christmas, so that was nice. We were putting our boots and jackets on, when Greg walked into the living room. "Where are you 2 going?" Greg asked. "We're gonna go out for some dinner! There's this pancake place that we've wanted to try, so we're gonna ride Lion there." I said. "Cya later dad!" Steven yelled, waving off to Greg. The snow was so thick, so we had a bit of trouble trying to walk through it, but we managed to get to Lion and headed off to get some breakfast.

"Man, I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas already!" I said. "Yup! Christmas is a lot of fun since I get to spend so much time with everyone, and now you too!" Steven exclaimed. We rode for a bit more on Lion, before we finally made it to the Pancake place. "Stay here, Lion. We'll be back in a little bit." Steven said, petting Lion on the head. We stepped inside and got a table, and ordered pancakes and of course hot chocolate. "It's pretty cozy in here." I said. "Like a giant blanket, I could almost fall asleep here." Steven replied, putting his head on me. Our order eventually came, and the hot chocolate smelled amazing, while the pancakes had some kind of icing drizzled all over them. Needless to say, everything looked super delicious. "Oh yeah, this is delicious." I said with my mouth full. "I could eat this all day." Steven replied, stuffing his face.

"Nothing beats hot chocolate on a cold snowy night." I said, sipping my cup. "Well, there is one thing." Steven grinned. "Spending time with you!" We said in unison, making the both of us giggle. We finished up our food and paid for it, then walked outside and realized that there was a little town set up with shops and Christmas decorations. "Wanna go take a look?" Steven asked. "Sure, it looks pretty fun." I replied, grabbing his hand. We found a little store that sold all kinds of things, and decided to go check it out. I remembered I needed to still get Steven a Christmas present, but that's when I saw the most amazing thing for him. They had a whole section filled with Cookie Cat plushies and other things. "This is gonna be perfect for him!" I thought to myself. I needed to make sure Steven didn't know what I was doing, so I walked over to find him. "Hey Steven, could you wait outside a second for me?" I asked.

"Um, sure?" Steven said, walking out the door. I decided to get him a big Cookie Cat pillow, along with this cute Cookie Cat plushie to go with his alarm clock he already has. "Ma'am, I'll take these!" I exclaimed, putting the stuff on the counter. "Excellent choice! That'll be $125.00" The lady said. "125 what now...?! Uh...okay." I mumbled, realizing I was about to go broke. I handed her the money and she bagged everything for me. "I think that's enough shopping for a while." I thought to myself, walking outside. "Hey Y/n! Got everything you need?" Steven asked me. "Yup! Just gotta send these back to the temple for now, I'll wrap them later." I said, bubbling the bag. "What did ya get?" Steven asked, interested by the large bag. "Oh, not much. Just a little something for you." I giggled. We hopped back on Lion, and proceeded to ride back home. On the way back, I noticed something on the boardwalk.

"Hold on a minute, Lion, stop real quick." I said, jumping off. "What's up, Y/n?" Steven asked, curious at what I was doing. I walked over to the small alley filled with snow, and that's when I saw what I noticed before. It was a small animal, but they looked nervous about our presence. "Hey little guy, it's alright. Are you lost?" I said, holding out my hand for it to come. It slowly stumbled out of the snow and walked closer towards me. Eventually it stood next to me, rubbing it's head against my leg. I realized from it's tail that this was a fox, but something was different about it. The fox was this blackish color, something I've never seen before. I bent down to pet it, but the fox put its paw on my chest, causing my gem to light up. "W-woah! Did you do that?" I said, looking at the fox. It stood up on its hind legs, and I noticed a tiny little thing that was sitting on its belly. This looked like a gemstone, identical to the one I have.