Reunited

Steven POV

Finally, the day has come. I'm super excited to celebrate Ruby and Sapphire's wedding with everyone! But of course there's still some last minute planning we need to do to ensure everything goes perfectly. Dad and Y/n were in charge of the food and drinks, and I was kind of helping around however I could since the others were getting ready and stuff.

"Steven, do you know where our wedding attire is?" Sapphire asked. "Oh, your outfit should be in the closet. Same with you too, Ruby." I replied, pointing over to the small closet. "Thanks, Steven! And no peeking, Sapphire!" Ruby exclaimed, grabbing the dress and running into the bathroom. I giggled a bit while walking over to the kitchen to find Y/n and dad putting some little icing decorations on the cake. "Hey guys! How's the cake coming along?" I asked. "It's coming along pretty well, actually. And...done!" Y/n said, putting the small Ruby and Sapphire on top. "I think we did a pretty good job, if I may say so." Greg grinned, high fiving Y/n.

"Oh, that reminds me! Don't we need some kind of Champagne for the toast later?" Y/n asked. "I think I'll take care of that. Besides, don't think you and Steven are gonna be sneaking off with that while I'm not looking." Greg smirked. "Hey, we wouldn't do that! Steven and I are a responsible couple!" Y/n replied, putting a hand on his chest as if he were taking a pledge. "Y/n's right, we wouldn't do that. But anyways, I'm gonna check on everyone else, be back in a bit!" I smiled, heading over to check on the others. I noticed Pearl sitting on the couch with a gloomy look on her face, so I went to talk to her.

"Hey there, Pearl, are you doing okay?" I asked, sitting down beside her. "I can't stop thinking about Rose and Pink. I just wish I had said something sooner to you, but I just couldn't." Pearl replied, looking down. "Y'know, all that stuff is in the past. We can think about everything then, but why not look towards the future instead? Sure, Garnet took it pretty hard, but they worked it out! You may have had to lie about everything, but we know the truth now. So there's no need to feel upset about it, all we need to do is just move on and learn from that truth." I said, handing Pearl a little hat.

"Yeah, you're right! Thank you, Steven, I needed that." Pearl said, giving a sincere smile. I got up and headed outside to see Bismuth leaning against the railing, wearing a shiny suit of armor. "Woah, you look amazing, Bismuth!" I exclaimed. "Thanks, it's the nicest thing that I own." She replied. "Well, you're looking 'sharp'." I chuckled. "Heh, you too with your suit." Bismuth replied, giggling. I glanced over the balcony to see Amethyst putting up a bunch of flowers in a nice little array. "Looks great, Amethyst!" I yelled, waving at her. "Thanks, Steven!" Amethyst yelled back. The door opened and out came Y/n and dad holding the cake very carefully, trying to get it outside. "Steven, could you help us for a moment?" Greg asked.

"Yeah, coming!" I replied, rushing over. We walked down the stairs until we eventually got the cake onto a table. "Phew, thanks for the help, babe." Y/n said, giving me a kiss. "No problem, sweetie!" I giggled. "Y'know, you look pretty g-good in that suit." Y/n said, blushing. "Aw, thanks! You should get dressed, I know that suit will look amazing on you." I replied, grinning. Connie soon arrived a moment after, and we continued to get ready for the party. Peridot eventually arrived back from the barn, holding a basket of flowers. It was getting closer to the start of the wedding, so I decided to hurry and find Sapphire so we could wait at the altar.

"I'll see you during the party, right?" I asked. "Yeah, I'll be there." Y/n replied, fist bumping me. Y/n ran inside to finish setting things up, while I ran to get Sapphire. "Oh, Steven! I hope you weren't waiting too long for me, I was getting prepared." Sapphire apologized. "Don't worry about it, Sapphire. Let's just get ready!" I smiled. Soon after, everyone from the boardwalk started showing up and taking their seats, eventually filling every seat there. "So, you nervous?" I asked Sapphire. "I'm not." She replied, gently kicking away ice that formed around her feet. Peridot then came running with the basket in hand, throwing flowers at everyone.