Wanted

Steven POV

What was I thinking? I don't have a plan of what to do, and now I'm being taken directly to Homeworld where they could do unspeakable things to me. I didn't realize it at first, but Lars was still on the ship when we left. He's now stuck with me and I've made an even bigger mess than what was already here. But I'm really scared, I don't know what's gonna happen or if I'll even ever go back home, but Lars being here really helps. I don't wanna be alone and he helped comfort me into feeling safe again, but I can't stop thinking about everyone back home. The gems are probably worried sick, my dad might be losing his mind, Connie is probably trying to think of something to help get me back, and Y/n...I just really miss him. I was brought out of my thoughts by the sudden landing of the ship, signifying that we were at Homeworld. Topaz then unfused and started dragging the 2 of us to separate locations.

"Wait, Lars!" I shouted, watching him being dragged off. "Steven, what's going on?!" He yelled. "I have no idea!" I replied. I was then dragged down some kind of hallway and into this bright room. I didn't know where they were taking me, but I managed to build up some courage. "I know that my mom has done bad things, so whatever Homeworld has in store for me...I'M READY!" I shouted. There was nothing but a dead silence, and it really started to get me questioning what was even going on. "Hello? Is anyone there? I said I'm ready!" I said. Soon enough, some gem appeared from out of nowhere. "Man, I'm the unluckiest Zircon in the galaxy to have to deal with this." She said. She started ranting a bit, but got one good look at me.

"Erm- are you Rose Quartz?" Blue Zircon asked. "Yeah...it's kind of a long story." I replied. "That ridiculous disguise is going to make you even more guilty." She said. "Well that's fine, because I am!" I shouted. "Oh, no no no, don't say that! Not especially when you're out there!" Blue Zircon warned. "Out where?!" I asked, now getting irritated. "What the hell do you think is gonna happen?! Once that door opens, you're going on trial!" She replied. It couldn't have been timed any better, because right as she said that, the door opened. "Uh...that door?" I asked. I walked into the room, and stepped onto some kind of triangle-shaped platform. Pathways start lighting up, and a Yellow Zircon is transported in.

"Hmpf, defending a rebel. Isn't that...treason?" Yellow Zircon laughed. "I was assigned to this!" Blue Zircon replied. Then Blue and Yellow Pearl arrived shortly after. "All rise for the luminous Yellow Diamond!" Yellow Pearl said. "And the lustrous Blue Diamond." Blue Pearl added. Upon their cue, a pathway lit up and both Blue and Yellow Diamond appeared. "That is Rose Quartz?! We should shatter her just for looking like that!" Yellow Diamond said. "No, I want to hear her make her case. Because whatever she thinks will happen to her, I'm going to do much worse." Blue Diamond said with a very monotone voice. "Oh geez..." I thought to myself.

"My Diamond, my brilliant, opulent, radiant, glimmering-" Yellow Zircon started to say. "My Diamond will suffice or we'll never get through this." Yellow stated. "O-of course! *Ahem* Rose Quartz committed a crime so unprecedented, that one can't help but ask why?" Yellow Zircon said. She then snapped her fingers and Lars appeared out of nowhere. "Lars!" I shouted, shocked to see him here. "Steven?! W-what's going on here-" Lars said, but was cut off by a bubble being formed around his head. "As you can see, humans are loud, absolutely hideous creatures that serve no purpose. What sort of gem would turn on their own kind for them? That kind!" Yellow Zircon said, pointing to me.

"Hey, just let him go! He's got nothing to do with this." I said. "Oh there it is! The passion and the fury that caused her to...shatter her own Diamond." Yellow Zircon smirked. After a brief moment of talking, she summoned Eyeball to the stand. "Eyeball!" I said, happy to see her. "Don't you address me, war criminal!" She replied. "I'm just glad you're okay..." I mumbled. "I heard everything straight from her, "I'm the mighty Rose Quartz, I've got her shield and everything!" And then threw me into space!" She mocked. "First of all, I tried to help you and I even healed your gem! Then you tried to kill me and my boyfriend for no reason!" I shouted. "And who else has the ability to heal gems?" Eyeball asked.