Now We're Only Falling Apart

Y/n POV

So the truth's finally out, huh? Steven's mom is Pink Diamond, and now there's something else about my mom that I didn't know about. I guess there's just so much we still don't know, it was probably all kept hidden to protect us.

"So let me get this straight, Rose Quartz, leader of the Crystal Gems, Steven's mom, was actually Pink Diamond?!" Amethyst shouted. "Yeah...She faked her own shattering and reformed to be Rose Quartz all of the time." Steven explained, awkwardly. I walked over and put a hand on his shoulder, sharing some of my info as well. "And I guess my mom had a part in it too, though I'm not entirely sure how." I added. "Regardless, Pink Diamond's last order was that no one can know. But now that Steven and Y/n found out, I can tell you guys everything!" Pearl said. As Pearl said that, we looked to Garnet to see her shaking. "Um...everything okay, Garnet?" I asked. Garnet stood up shakily, walking towards the warp pad.

"Rose- she...she...ahh!" Garnet exclaimed, unfusing. "Oh no..." Steven mumbled. "She lied to us about EVERYTHING! She looked us in the eyes and told us never to question who we are as Garnet. We never questioned ourselves or her!" Sapphire shouted, causing ice to spread all across the floor. "Sapphire, there's no way that we could have known!" Ruby exclaimed. "No, you couldn't have known! You don't ever know what's going on, that's what I'm for!" Sapphire replied. "S-sapphire..." Ruby said. "I trusted her...I let her make fools of all of us!" Sapphire yelled, running off towards the warp pad. "Sapphire, wait a minute!" Ruby said, running after her. "Hold on guys!" Steven yelled. Steven ran after them and tripped on the ice, falling into my arms as I caught him.

"T-thanks, Y/n." Steven said, blushing. I gave him a little smile and helped him up. "Can't we just...s-stay calm....and talk about this?" Ruby asked. "What is there to talk about?! How our relationship is based on nothing but a lie?" Sapphire replied. And with those words, Sapphire stepped onto the warp pad, warping to another location. "Sapphire..." Ruby said, dropping to the floor and sobbing. "I'm so sorry Ruby..." I said, kneeling down to comfort her. I pulled her into a hug as she sobbed some more. "We're gonna find her, and we're gonna bring her back. Don't you worry." I said, standing up. "Okay..." Ruby replied. "Yeah, Y/n's right. C'mon Pearl, help us find her!" Steven said, grabbing my hand.

"Right!" Pearl replied, running over to the warp pad with us. We travelled to different sections that contain a warp pad, but had a bit of difficulty actually locating Sapphire. Eventually, we arrived at Rose's fountain that was covered in ice. "Maybe she's here?" Pearl asked. "Sapphire! There you are- gah!" Steven said, running up to her. But random large spikes of ice shot up from the ground, making Steven freeze in place. "Woah, woah, just calm down, Sapphire. We came here to talk." I said, trying to ease the situation. "She lied about everything. Giving us those...knowing eyes and smiles, making me think that there was a better future that I just couldn't see. And here we are, our friends shattered! She was so...horrible." Sapphire exclaimed.

"Look...you deserve to know everything. I was given to Pink Diamond a few thousand years before she was given the earth. My job was to make her happy, but I just never could." Pearl sighed. I sat down next to Steven, while Pearl began to tell us the story.

*Flashback sequence*

Pink Diamond was in her chair at the Moon Base. Cycling through different status reports, Onyx was on a break and visited, while Pearl stood next to Pink.

"Lot of work, huh? Here I thought the shit they gave me was troublesome." Onyx chuckled.

"It seems that's how it is. Pearl, show me the status of the Prime Kindergarten." Pink Diamond said.

"Yes, my Diamond." Pearl replied, initiating a hologram. "Hm, it seems that the Amethyst soldiers are ready to emerge soon." Pearl said.

"Something exciting! Hurry, turn this thing on!" Pink Diamond exclaimed, rushing over to the observation orb.