Change Your Mind

|Part 1 - Trapped|

Steven POV

"I don't think we're getting out this way." We said, trying to bash this door in with a shield. I spotted a window from above us and hopped up to it, getting a clear view of Homeworld from this tower. It was quite a populated place, weird gem tech scattered all throughout, stuff I've never even seen before. What I didn't expect was to slip off the window. "AHH!" We yelled, falling onto the ground and unfusing. "Ouch..." I mumbled, rubbing my back. "You okay?" Connie asked, rubbing her head. "Mhm." I said, nodding. Out of options, we just sat against the wall.

"Here, I grabbed some before the ball. We should eat up, we'll need some energy if we want a chance of getting out of gem prison." Connie said, handing me an energy bar. "Thanks." I replied, taking a bite. So many thoughts were racing through my head, I wasn't even sure what to think of anymore. Y/n came across my mind, but I just got eerie feelings every time I thought of him, something's not right. But maybe I'm just going crazy, maybe I'm just sick of this place.

"We should never have come here..." I said with a bit of hopelessness. "What?" Connie asked, eating her energy bar. "This entire plan! What was I even thinking? This was so foolish, why would I think I could convince anyone?! All I did was get the gems poofed at the same time, and once again separated from Y/n! What would dad think? His only son is in jail at 14..." I replied. Connie looked like she wanted to say something, but even she knew there wasn't much hope to provide in this scenario. With nothing else to do, I curled up into a ball, briefly falling asleep. In this state, I started to slip into my psychic ability, but then immediately woke up.

"Wait a minute, I can call for help! Each Crystal gem has been poofed except for one, Bismuth! I'll use my psychic powers and reach her on earth." I exclaimed. "You think you can do that? From here to earth is a really long distance." Connie asked. "It's gonna be a stretch, but it'll be worth a shot." I replied. "Then we have no time to lose, bedtime mister!" Connie exclaimed. I laid down on her lap, closing my eyes. Eventually I fell asleep, and was put back into my psychic state. I managed to stretch myself far enough to put me on Masque Island. I gained help from the watermelon Steven's and got a boat to start sailing on the ocean to Beach City. The journey sucked, it was tiring and I was on the verge of collapse. But out of nowhere, Lion found me and picked me up. At last, I was in Beach City, standing in front of my dad as a Watermelon Steven. He stopped playing the guitar and looked up, noticing Lion carrying me on his back.

"STEVEN?!" Greg shouted. I gently waved to him, giving a small smile. He immediately picked me up and rushed over to Bismuth who was busy fixing up the house. "Bismuth!" Greg exclaimed, holding me up. "What's u- Steven?!" Bismuth said, dropping a block of wood. Bismuth rushed down to the both of us while dad put me down. Since I couldn't speak, I drew a picture until they eventually pieced everything together. "You got it, don't worry. We're coming!" Bismuth exclaimed. A sense of relief filled my soul, and I dropped down backwards, smiling as I slowly passed out. Dad gave me a small thumb's up, and that's when I woke up.

"Guess we'll see what happens." I whispered, noticing a sleeping Connie.

|Part 2 - Descent into madness|

Y/n POV

I gasped for a second, taking a deep breath as I woke up. All I remember is that I remembered what my powers are, but then it went blank after that. "Where even am I?" I asked, looking around the relatively large, empty room. In that instance, a door opened and in came 2 gems. One of them had a green-like gem, the other had a blue-ish gem. "Ah, you're awake. Your wound has stopped bleeding, what remarkable regenerative abilities you possess." The green gem said. I looked down to my side and noticed dried up blood stains on my clothes, just how did that happen? "Who are you?" I asked.