Chapter 13: Ayame's Anger, Izumi's Confession/Yusuke vs Rando: 99 Attacks

As Yusuke and Rando stood apart from each other, Yusuke was breathing heavily from the damage he took from Rando's earlier attacks. Yusuke got in his fighting stance. Botan said "So that's Rando." As she said that, Kuwabara tries to get up and said "Urameshi. Are you ready to fight yet? Cause I'm ready as soon as you are." Genkai said "Even when he's losing consciousness, that boy has a one-track mind." Botan thought "Be brave, Yusuke. At least for Kuwabara's sake." As Rando looks at Yusuke, he says "This is always the hardest part. Choosing what technique to use first." As he walked towards Yusuke. Rando stood in front of Yusuke and said "Like a drooling boy in a candy store. Perhaps you can give me a good suggestion." Yusuke said "Shut your mouth."

As Yusuke bawled up his fist, he started punching Rando rapidly in the face and stomach. Yusuke goes for a wind-up punch and said "And here's the kill." As he punches Rando in the face. Yusuke said "So there." Rando looked up and started laughing. Yusuke said "Oh, crap." Rando turned to Yusuke and said "This battle isn't going to last very long if only half of you can still throw a punch." Yusuke exclaimed and said "What?" Rando said "Those punches had absolutely no Spirit Power. You've gone dry."

In Koenma's office

Koenma's said "What is Yusuke thinking? Without the strength of Spirit Energy behind his attacks, he couldn't hurt the ghost of a fly, let alone an expert human-hunter like Rando. The only problem, of course is a serious shortage in his supply. And a very high demand."

Back at Genkai's

Rando said "Alright, I've just thought of the perfect technique for you." As Rando said that, he got into a stance and harnessed his Spirit Energy around me, making the sky go dark. After that, Rando's eyes glowed white, as he opened his mouth, thin white strings came out of them and wrapped around Yusuke. Yusuke said "Well, how pretty." Botan asked "What, is it?" Genkai said "That is Life-force thread. An archaic form of materialized Spirit energy, no doubt taken from a very ancient psychic." As the thread surrounded Yusuke, Rando pull them all together, making them into a cloth that tightens around a person. Yusuke said "Damn it!" As one grabbed his ankle. Then, the other pieces of cloth tied around both of his wrists , around his waist, and around his right ankle. Yusuke said "That's no good." After that, all the cloth together and tighten around his body. Yusuke said "I can't move."

As Rando pulled on the cloth, he said "Needlessly to say, I could crush you in an instant, but I'd rather test my techniques. It's been such a long time." As he squeezed the thread around Yusuke tighter. Rando said "This thread is connected to my own energy, and no human efforts can sever it." Yusuke said "Yeah, I noticed." As he strained to get lose. Yusuke said "Seems kind of boring that way." Rando said "Yes, I shall have to add more excitement." As he pulls Yusuke close, he strung him in the air and swung him around over and over. Rando said "How this? Better!" As he throws him to the ground. Yusuke yells out in pain. Rando said as he continued "Is this boring you?" As he slammed Yusuke through a tree. Rando said "Or is this?!" As he slams Yusuke to the ground again and then hoisting him up again in the sky. Rando said "What about this?" As Rando repeated the same brutal attack. Rando said as he continued "Or this? Or this? Or this or this or this or this." As Rando laughed maniacally. Rando said "Tell me how it feels human! I'm dying to know!" As he brought Yusuke down and slammed him to the ground harder.

Botan said "Goodness, Yusuke truly can't keep up this beating much longer. Genkai, you have to do something! Rando's only going to come after you next!" Genkai said "I won't! Whoever wins this fight is the one I teach, and it would be wrong to interfere with the selection. I'm getting old now. My powers have to be carried forward, even if they must stay for a while in the hands of the wicked." Botan said "Listen to yourself! If Rando gets your technique, there's no telling how many people he'll kill with it! Innocent lives that you will be responsible for!" Genkai said "There are things you do not understand." Botan said "Like what?!" Genkai said "Progess is what must prevail. It's a story I cannot change." Botan said "No, you're wrong."