Chapter 8: The Three Eyes of Hiei/Izumi's Special Training

In the night of a full moon, Hiei was plotting on what he must do. Hiei said "Their mistakes were simple ones. Gouki was overconfident, and Kurama was Sympathy for his human prey. Well....I won't do the same. My plan's too good for that." As he wielded the Shadow sword, that when cut anyone can turn into a lower-level demon. Strong and sluggish. Hiei said "It's better this way. Those two wouldn't have the courage to use the weapons as they're intended. I will.....but first, I'll will kill Yusuke Urameshi!" In the morning, Yusuke and Botan were talking about the fight with Gouki.

Yusuke said "Man I still have nightmares about Gouki, sometimes I can't even sleep. But thanks for the little trick you did. I'd be limping around six months." Botan said "It's just basic healing powers. All Spirit Detective assistants have to have them." Yusuke said "Really? Do they need to wear school uniforms, too? Or do you just like the navy girl look?" Botan said "I figured if I am to fit the part since I would have to follow you around school. Isn't it adorable?" Yusuke said "Whatever." Botan said "Oh, I almost forgot!" Yusuke said "What?" Botan said "About Kurama. His case was reviewed by the punishment board. Koenma had decided to let him go on good behavior." Yusuke said "That's great! All I've got to do now is get that last treasure, and I've still got three days. From that monster guy, what's his name?" Botan said "His name is Hiei. But he is the toughest one by far. Both cunning and ruthless. He'll do anything to get what he wants." They both hear the rooftop door open and see Keiko.

Keiko looked around and saw Yusuke and said "There you are Yusuke. Mr. Takenaka's looking for you. You're the only one in class who hasn't turned in his book report." Yusuke said "Gee that makes sense. I'm the only one fighting evil!" Botan came behind Yusuke and said "Hard to balance school and work, huh?" Yusuke said "Hey, do you mind?" Botan said "No, not really." Botan walked up to Keiko and said "Hello miss Keiko. It is so good to meet you in my own body! I just wanted to tell you how great a person like you are. When jumped into that fire to save Yusuke, I just about melted in my shoes!" Keiko asked "Do I know you?" Botan said "I hope you don't mind me speaking through your mother but with his spirit energy...." As Yusuke punched Botan in the back of her head. Botan shouted "Ow!! What was that for?!" Yusuke whispered "Keiko doesn't know anything about You or the Spirit World! Play it cool okay!" Botan said "Okay, but I want to let you know things are about to get complicated if you don't tell her soon! Alright see you after school." Keiko asked "Tell me what soon?" Yusuke said "Damn! She had to bring you into this!" Keiko said "Yusuke!! Bring me in on what?" Yusuke chuckled nervously and said "Well it's going to be a long, long story. Let's talk about it later, okay?!"

Keiko looked unconcerned and said "Oh...well I just came, to tell you about the book report so you wouldn't get in trouble." Yusuke said "Wait hold on Keiko, don't leave yet, I want to talk to you." Keiko said "You do?" Yusuke said "How would you like to do my homework?" Keiko said "Oh. Is that all I'm good for now?" Yusuke said "Well me and Botan are going to be busy today." Keiko said "Is that a fact!" Yusuke said "Hey! Wait! It's not what you think!" Keiko said "How do you know what I'm thinking?" Yusuke said "Cause I know how it looks!"

While talking, Hiei was watching them and taking in that Keiko is his weakness.

As Keiko walks home, she was still thinking about what Yusuke said. "She just had to bring you into this, didn't she? Well it's going to be a long, long story. Me and Botan are going to be busy today. " As she remembered Yusuke said. Keiko said to herself "I hate boys." She walked pass a short man in a black cloak. He said "You needn't worry, Keiko. He likes you well enough!" As he pulls out a sword and slashes it across her forehead.

As that happened, Yusuke's Spirit watch goes crazy and he said "He's near. Only one mile away. Sorry old man, Mom's calling." Mr. Takenaka said "Wait Yusuke. Don't leave. At least provide a better---excuse." Yusuke and Botan run towards the direction they felt the energy come from. Yusuke said "It said one mile, my compass probably went stupid." Botan said "Hiei is using his Spirit Energy to send out a moving signal so you can follow him. I think he is leading you to his hideout." Yusuke said "That's cute." Botan said "No it's not. He has told me terrible things through telepathy! He's kidnapped Keiko and said he won't give her back unless we bring the other two artifacts!" Yusuke stopped and looked back at Botan and said "He did what!"