Chapter 35: A Day in Waiting

In the opening fight of the Dark Tournament, Team Urameshi took on Team Rokuyukai and in the last match it was leader vs leader, Chu vs Yusuke. With the fight being in a stalemate, the two agreed a fight between daggers, a crashing headbutt earned Yusuke a victory. Now, the team advances and deserves a break.

When getting back to the hotel, Keiko stopped Ayame. Keiko asked, "Ayame, can we talk?" Ayame said, "If it is about what you said to me, it's fine. You were worried about Yusuke." Keiko said, "But that doesn't justify me being angry with you and lashing out at you, when you were suffering too." Ayame said, "Keiko, it's truly okay, because it shows me how much you love my brother and it warms my heart, so I forgive you." Ayame hugged Keiko. As Keiko went back to her room, Ayame's eyes had darkened as she headed downstairs to go scope out the challengers in the tournament. She said to herself, "I'm sorry, Keiko but I can't face you when I dealing with my own issues."

Meanwhile

In the forest, Yusuke was practicing how to use his Spirit Gun. He pointed his finger and was trying to shoot out a blast but it never happened. Then, from behind the trees, Kuwabara came up and said, "Hey! There you are, punk! You know you could have left me a not or something! You think I like being stuck up there with that mummy-looking weirdo." Yusuke said, "Why not? You could use some more friends." Kuwabara said, "Yeah, like you're one to talk. Hey Urameshi, listen I think we should have some sorta of team meeting. I mean I'm worried about our next fight. I don't even know where Hiei and Kurama went, I think I heard them leave the hotel when I got up in the morning." Yusuke smirked and said, "Have a meeting with yourself then, you'll learn a lot." Kuwabara shouted and said, "Hey! What's that supposed to mean?!" As Yusuke walked away, Kuwabara says, "Wait! Don't leave me alone again." Yusuke said, "Go find a crossword puzzle or something." Kuwabara got angry and said, "Oh, Darn it! Why is he always like that. I'm going to teach him a lesson once this Tournament is over." As Yusuke walked about, a certain masked fighter was watching over him. While near the shore of the island, Hiei was trying to at least get his right arm moving, let alone hold his sword.

Meanwhile in the tournament

A couple of demons were attacking another team. A man from the other team ripped off the head of a demon. Koto said, "It's over in seconds and yet with another decapitation! I am starting to get attached to the move, no pun intended, of course." As Kurama watches the match, Sakyo watches as well. Koto said, "Well, that's three wins, which means Dr. Ichigaki's Team advances!" Dr. Ichigaki chuckles and said, "Brutal as always." As the fight was over, a demon from the other team was about to run away, a giant minotaur demon kicked the cowardly demon away and stepped into the ring. Koto started to scream, the demon spoke and said, "Close your mouth, little woman. This battle is not over." Koto said, "I'm sorry, big guy but actually it is. It was best of five." The Beast said, "But I haven't gotten to fight yet, so it's not over." Koto screamed and ran out of the way and said, "Have it your way!" As the minotaur charged to Team Ichigaki's, Ichigaki said, "Handle this for me, children." As the minotaur lunged at them, two of the team mates from the Ichigaki team released two powerful moves, "Angel wings! Bear claw!" As the two warriors jumped into the air and slashed off his right shoulder and the other broke the shoulder and disintegrate his left shoulder. As the last warrior on Dr. Ichigaki said, "Invisible Slash!" As it took off the head of the demon and his body hit the ground, Dr. Ichigaki said, "Pity, I had to do my premiere in front of such a pathetic crowd. Truly, no one knows the genius of my work." Dr. Ichigaki chuckles and said, "The Urameshi Team will reveal everything in time!" As Kurama watched and thought, "The attack energies of those three fighters are undoubtedly human. But our team should have the only ones here and their movements... something is not right." Sakyo gets up and leaves. Blue Ogre said, "I got the fight food, Sir. I got everything you wanted. The line was hellish, Sir." Koenma said, "You moron! You took so long to get the fight food that there is no longer a fight." Blue Ogre said stunned, "That whole team battle is over?" Koenma asked, "And what are we suppose to do with all that food now?" Blue Ogre said, "I don't know, Sir. I suppose we can eat it, Sir."