Chapter 37: Glimpse behind the mask/ Ayame's Plight

Previously on Yu Yu Hakusho, Yusuke, Kuwabara, and The Masked fighter are faced against the evil and corrupt Dr. Ichigaki Team and put on the defensive. While in the forest, Kurama, Hiei, and Ayame were ambushed by three other team members from Dr. Ichigaki's Team. Will Team Urameshi pull through?

In the arena

Yusuke said, "Damn! If you get any good ideas, Kuwabara feels free to share." Dr. Ichigaki says, "That's right, my boys follow your design. Kill them! Massacre!" Yusuke and Kuwabara take a step back, and Yusuke says, "This is going to suck." As the members of Team Ichigaki came at them full force, M1 threw his famous angel blades, and the masked fighter told everyone to jump. As they jumped to avoid the blades, M1 and M3 threw both the invisible Slash and Grizzly Claw, which caused a slight crater on the side of the ring. Which caused the masked fighter to push Yusuke out of the way of the Grizzly Claw hitting him. The masked fighter says, "Those angel blades are the only attacks Yusuke and Kuwabara can see." When the three members of Team Ichigaki came with the same three attack combo, Yusuke and Kuwabara were able to barely dodge the attacks. When the masked fighter landed back onto the ring's floor, she said, "The blades come first as a distraction, and then they surprise with the invisible attacks, it's a brilliant pattern." Blue Ogre said, "All three team members are fighting evenly with Yusuke, wouldn't you call that surprising, Koenma sir?" Koenma said, "Yes, I would, which makes the fact in them beating him a real kicker." Blue Ogre says, "Beating him, Sir?! Oh shoot." As all three members walk towards them saying, "Kill, Kill, Kill them!" Kuwabara said, "Hold on a minute, guys. Are you guys really sure you want to do that? I know on the inside you don't." The masked fighter says, "What do you think you're doing? Get out of the way, hurry!" Both Yusuke and Kuwabara scoot to a separate side of the ring, both M3 and M2 attack Kuwabara, and Kuwabara says, "Hey! One at the time!" As M3 attacks Yusuke, Yusuke jumps out of the way, which causes M3 to put a hole in the ring floor. Koto says, "What is wrong with the Urameshi Team? Have they forgotten how to throw a punch or anything except run like a bunch of sissies? Give us some offense!"

As the crowd shouts, Keiko asks, "Oh Yusuke, what's the matter? Fight back." Shizuru said, "They're going to lose this one. It would be a hard match even if Yusuke and my brother were fighting with their full strength, but they're not because they feel too sorry for these guys." Keiko says, "Sorry for what?" Dr. Ichigaki chuckles and says, "I can imagine the fun my robots must be having with Hiei, Kurama, and that disgusting angel, against their statistics, his percentage of victory was just over 80%. Yes! All my inventions are doing splendidly, especially my ruki, with the millions of microtonics pumping in their blood controlling the nearby cells. The circulatory system reaches a human's every inch, controls the blood, and the body is yours! I can't help myself. I have to see it again!" As he looks at the calculation say 99.95%, he says, "What a lovely number!" As he did that, the Ruki on the backs of the fighters started to move rapidly. The masked fighter dodges the angel blades, as Kuwabara uses his Spirit Sword to evade the attacks and dodge it. When the invisible Slash came at Yusuke, he was able to evade it by letting it pass by his body as he stood on one hand, M3 came at him with the Grizzly Claw. Yusuke says, "I'm done." As soon as the Grizzly Claw came at him, the masked fighter kicked Yusuke out of the way and took the attack head on. When hit, M3 slammed the masked fighter to the ring all the way to the wall. Kuwabara said, "The masked guy!" Yusuke said, "He really saved me." Koto ram to the edge of the ring and said, "In a selfless act presented in the dark tournament, the masked fighter took a hit from M3 to protect his teammate. Naturally, I will check on the gruesomeness of the injures."

Toguro smiles and says, "Mankind killing itself, this dark tournament is turning out to be more interesting this year, isn't it?" Sakyo smiled and said, "Yes, you should read our history books. Humans have always found brutalizing each other to hold a certain charm." As Dr. Ichigaki's team chanted "Kill." As they walked forward to Team Urameshi, Yusuke and Kuwabara stepped back. Dr. Ichigaki shouted, "Do it now!!!" As Team Ichigaki ran towards Yusuke and Kuwabara, they ran the other way. Kuwabara said, "Come on, you guys. Just snap out of it. You still have your feelings. You don't have to listen to that doctor!" As M1 threw his angel blades, he said, "Do it now!" As the angel blades cut up Kuwabara, Dr. Ichigaki chuckles and says, "Give my inventions credit, dear boy. It's scientifically impossible for a person to resist the control of the veruka!! It's zero percentage. Try all the mumbo jumbo you want. But the fact is that I'm in control and I make the kill!" As Yusuke and Kuwabara back up from Team Ichigaki ran at them, Botan shouted, "Alright boys, that's enough! Get in there and fight! I don't care if they are under control. They're still going to kill you." As an angel blade was thrown at Kuwabara, he jumped back, and Botan said to him, "They shouldn't have let it happen in the first place." Kuwabara said to Botan, "You didn't see what I saw. They're good people, Botan. They'd never do this if they were given the choice. When the doctor found them, they were really upset and vulnerable. All they wanted was to be with their master, Ichigaki acted like it was just a little thing, and they'd be back together. I bet he never told them they'd be forced to murder and that they'd never see their master again. It wasn't fair!" M3 was headed towards Yusuke and used his Grizzly Claw, but it only grazed the ring floor. As Yusuke jumps into the air to avoid the invisible Slash, he thinks, "Stupid troll doctor! Ugly people shouldn't be allowed to smile that much!" As the doctor chuckles, Team Ichigaki came at them one more time. Kuwabara said, "There's got to be a way to reach them!" Botan gasped and said, "Don't just stand there, move!" As Team Ichigaki came in from above to attack, the masked warrior was able to kick back all three fighters on Team Ichigaki.