Chapter 26: Reunited/ Meeting Team Urameshi

As they return to Sarayashiki City, Yusuke and everyone brings home Ayame and Yukina. Yukina goes back to the forest of Eternal winter. As she leaves, she tells them she will miss them and she must go back to take care of the animals and stay in the comfort of her home. Kuwabara asks "Will we ever see you again?" Yukina goes to hug Kuwabara and says "Maybe someday. Goodbye and thank you." As she disappears into the snow.

At night, In Sarayashiki City

Yusuke and the group sneaks Ayame into his house. As they lay her in Yusuke's bed, Botan said "Well she's alive. But she's going to need rest. After everything that's happened, she deserves it." Kuwabara asks "Is she a demon too? Why did we bring her here? And why does she have wings?" Yusuke looks up and said "How about we discuss this outside. So she can get her rest." As all of them walked outside, Botan explained to Kuwabara, Kurama, and Hiei about Ayame's life, her powers and how she is Yusuke's younger sister. The three of them were in disbelief. Kuwabara shouted "Urameshi's little sister?" Kuwabara looked at Yusuke and then thought about Ayame's face. Kurama said "I never knew. She's so young and you say she's a Guardian Angel?" Botan said "Yes. Correct. When she died and came to Spirit World, she immediately became one and has been protecting humans and demons that live and thrive on earth. She is probably one of the most generous, kind and bravest person I have ever met." Kuwabara said "Wow! That's amazing! But if she's so kind, why is Urameshi such a jerk?" Yusuke punches Kuwabara in the back of his head and said "That's my kindness to the world."

Kurama said "I actually agree with Kuwabara on this. She's seems too nice." Botan said "Oh, trust me. She is like Yusuke sometimes. But, when it comes to her missions, there is nothing she won't do to protect her targets." Hiei scoffed and disappeared. Yusuke said "Hey! Where did he go?" Kurama said "Probably back to Spirit World or maybe somewhere else. We all should be getting back home. We will meet your sister in the morning." Yusuke said "Thanks Kurama." Kuwabara said "Yeah! I can't wait! Hopefully, she's not as stupid as you." As he laughs triumphantly. Yusuke growled. Botan said "I'll head to Spirit World and let Koenma know the news. I'll be back tomorrow, Yusuke. See ya." As they all left, Yusuke goes into his house. He sees his mother lying on the floor drunk and decided to throw a blanket over her. Then, he sees a note left by Botan.

Yusuke,

I have put a dream into your mother's mind. It tells her how Ayame has come back and how she can't wait to meet her. Please when she wakes up, make sure she doesn't pass out.

Botan

Yusuke said "Man, tomorrow's going to be a killer." As he goes upstairs, he peeks in the door to his room to see his sister sleeping. As he closes the door quietly, he sits outside the door and tears up a little. He says "Mom, I promise to protect Ayame. And I promise we won't leave you alone."

In Spirit World

Botan arrives. As she heads to Koenma's office, she hears Koenma talking about how glad he is that Yusuke and Ayame are reunited. Koenma then hears a knock on the door. He says "Come in." As she walked in, she said "Koenma Sir, are you alright?" Koenma said "Fine. I just....I just....I guess I don't know how to feel. Ayame's safe and Yusuke has finally gotten his sister back. I just was thinking about all the rage, sadness, and hurt I put on them." Botan said "I understand." Koenma reminisce on how Ayame shouted at him about keeping her existence a secret from her brother and how she told him she would never forgive him. Koenma thought "Father, I'm sorry. But I couldn't stand it any longer." As Botan gave Koenma the report, he said "Well everything went fine. Thank you Botan." As Botan leaves, Koenma thinks "I wonder will Ayame come back to us." Koenma said "Ogre." Blue Ogre said "Yes sir?" Koenma said "Hand me the remote. I need to tell Izumi that his master is alive. He deserves to know." As Koenma gets the remote, he contacts Izumi and tells him Ayame is alive and with her family. He also tells him about the mission he sent her on and what happened to her during that time. Izumi said "Why am I not surprised? But it's fine, she's alive and that's all I needed to know. So thanks."