Chapter 23: The Toguro Brothers Gang

Deeper into the wilderness surrounding Tarukane's stronghold

Yusuke said "Kind of stupid to have a mountain trail that ends halfway up the mountain, huh? I guess they don't encourage much camping around here." Botan said as she looks down at the compass "Yes, The stronghold is very well hidden. But we should be able to find it eventually by following both of their energy." Kuwabara said "Why you still using that compass? Just follow my way! The red pinky string!" Botan asked "The what?" Kuwabara explained "The moment I saw her. My love stretched out and tied us together. You see." As a red string was tied around his pinky, in his head. Kuwabara said "Let's follow the thread of destiny tied to my love!!" As he starts to run. Yusuke and Botan keep walking, until Yusuke asked "Hey Botan." Botan said "Yes. What is it?" Yusuke said "You've been around my sister, right?" Botan said "Yes." Yusuke asked "Can you tell me anything about her?" Botan said "Well, she's really nice and strong. But she does act like you sometimes, except being cocky and rude." Yusuke said "Whatever."

In Tarukane's stronghold

Tarukane and the Toguro Brothers sit in his jewelry room. The youngest Toguro said "This is unexpected." Tarukane said "Speak up, boy!" Toguro said "Hirue, who I sent to deal with the trespassers is dead." As Tarukane slams his wine glass on the table, he says "Hey! What kind of people you sending out there! Bums off the street?!" Toguro said "I assure you my men are well picked. Whoever has defeated Hirue. Must have unusual powers." Tarukane said "Well unusual powers is what I'm paying you for! Don't expect me to hand out the cash if you can't handle the job!" Toguro said "You needn't worry." Tarukane said "Yeah, yeah, yeah, you've said that. But I'm not the kind a guy who gets satisfied off cheap talk!" Toguro said "Oh? What do you suggest?" Tarukane said "Come with me. You can prove your stuff!" As they walk out, Tarukane says to Sakashita "Triple our security outside!" Sakashita said "Of course."

In Koenma's office

Koenma said "The Toguro Brothers? This is going to be messy." Blue Ogre said "Oh yeah I think I've heard of them! Aren't they on the Most Wanted List?" Koenma said "This figures, I thought watching Hiei was bad enough. But now I can't even find him and the Toguro's have shown up too!" As Koenma screams like a toddler.

In the basement

Toguro said "Well Tarukane, your tastes are unique." Tarukane said "Discovering you demons has been quite a pleasure. Gives me plenty of new things to spend my money on. You know, the angel was the only one who was able to get down here to see my collection. By the way she looked when my Butler caught her, she was a bit displeased." After that, they walk up to a cage holding a giant demon. Tarukane said "Light's up! This beauty's name is Helen. Believe it or not, she's a human creation. Black-Market genetic engineering. They were trying to make her into a weapon. But they could never control her, so I got her at a pretty good deal. I want you to kill her, barehanded." He chuckles wickedly. Tarukane thinks "Surely he can beat those Intruders, but he won't take on that beast. Giving me an excuse to drive down his price!" Toguro said "I don't feel like killing her." Tarukane chuckles. Tarukane said in his head "I love a winning gamble. Especially when I bluff." Toguro let his Eldest brother off his shoulder and walked over to the cage and opened it to get inside. Tarukane said shocked "Hey!" Toguro said "Of course, with my job I do many things I do not enjoy." As he drops his jacket to the ground, he gets in his fighting stance.

Tarukane said "What are you doing?! Are you stinkin crazy! Who gonna make Yukina cry me more jewels and make the angel give me more silver feathers after Helen rips you apart! I didn't mean for you to go in there for real!!" Toguro said "Then you shouldn't have asked. Thirty percent of my strength. Yes, that should be more than enough for her." Tarukane shouted "What!" As he said that, Toguro's muscles got bigger and his Spirit energy grew as well. Tarukane said "Am I going blind or is he getting bigger?!" Toguro said "I'm a very untalented apparition. The only thing I can do is change the size of my muscles." As Helen reached for Toguro, he dodged her and grabbed her arm. He started to bend her arm and said "Hey, don't blame me. Blame the science that created you and the human who made me kill!" As he snapped her arm, the beast screamed out in pain.