Chapter 17: Byakko's Lair/Ayame's Plan

In the cell

Ayame said to Yukina "Yes, I am a Guardian Angel and I was told to save you and ever since I got here, I can understand why I need to do that. Because no one needs to go through this shit! Excuse my language." Yukina starts to tear up and said "It's okay. Besides, how are we going to escape? It's not like we have a chance." A voice said "There is one day we can try." Ayame looked around and said as she pulled out her Ankh and turned it into a sword "Who said that?! Identify yourself!!" The voice said "Hello. I am the servant who...." Before the man could say anything else, Ayame had her sword at his throat and said "You're one of Tarukane's men! You better get out of here, before your blood stains these walls." Yukina said "No!! Please! Don't do it! He has been nice to me and cares about me. He tells me that he has a little sister and he took this job to support her and him." Ayame looked back at the man and asked "Is that true?!" As she kept her sword near his neck. The man said "Yes. When I first came to work for Mr. Tarukane, I thought I would just be taking care of his house and himself, which I was okay with. But when he put me in charge of caring for Miss Yukina, I hated every minute. I would come in here everyday and she would be covered with wounds, cuts, bruises, burns, and sometimes chain marks. I couldn't bare to see her like that, so I'm begging you please let me help you get you and Yukina out of here. You two young women should not have to have your lives taken from you like this."

Ayame thinks about it and says "No. I can't have you getting killed and your baby sister be lonely. I can't risk it!" As Ayame got teary-eyed. The man went to hug Ayame and said "Young lady, I promise I will be careful and make sure that won't happen. Pinky promise."As he pinky promises with Ayame. Ayame said "Why a pinky promise?" The man said "That's how I use to promise my baby sister. Don't you have siblings, Miss Yukina or Miss Ayame?" Yukina said "No." Ayame's face darkened and said "No. But that doesn't matter, if we're going to get out of here I need to know the day we should plan the escape." The man said "I think this weekend, but we have to still get pass a bit of the guards and security systems. And even if we do escape, what will we do?" Ayame said "Since Tarukane put me in charge of cleaning, I can get pass Security guards and mess up the cameras and all other types of security systems. And I am going to take Yukina to Spirit World and you are going to return to your sister with enough money to support you two for years to come." The man asked "How?" Ayame plucked off one of her feathers from her wings and said "Have you ever heard of sliver as currency? Well, that's what my wings are, sliver wings. I want you to have four of them and that should be good trade for money." The man said "I couldn't! You need those!" Ayame showed her feathers growing back. The man said "What magic is this?" Ayame said "It's not magic, it's my power of healing. That's why I want you to have them." The man said "Thank you." Ayame said "Alright, let's come up with our plan." Little did they know, Tarukane's Butler was listening to the conversation

Back at Maze Castle

Kuwabara said to Byakko "I'm never gonna give up on this fight! No matter how big you get!" Yusuke said "So are you sure?" Kurama said "Positive. Kuwabara is helping him." Kuwabara said "This doesn't make any sense." As he looked at his mini Spirit Sword. Byakko chuckles wickedly and says "Why's it so hard to understand, human? Your weapon is made of pure energy and it's feeding my spirit's appetite. Like a fresh slab of red meat. Unless you want to keep making me bigger and stronger, I suggest you throw down your sword." Kuwabara said "No way." And powered up his Spirit Sword again. Byakko said "So, this is your plan? To feed me?" Kuwabara said "That's right!" Byakko shouted "Let's go!!!" As Kuwabara stabs Byakko in the mouth with his sword, Yusuke said "All right!" Kurama said "This may not be good." After that, Byakko starts taking more of Kuwabara's energy. Kuwabara said "No, he can't!" As Kuwabara continues to hold on to his sword, his energy keeps getting absorbed. Yusuke said "Just let go!" Then Kuwabara passes out. Byakko starts laughing wickedly and said "Thanks. You had more Spirit Energy on your bones than I! Eating all of it nearly got me full!" Kuwabara started to get up and said "I'm not done yet!" As he summons a very little Spirit Sword. Yusuke said "Oh man, this looks bad. Looks like his Spirit Sword's had a downsize." Kuwabara said "I dare you to come closer." Byakko said" You can't even stand up anymore. You're nothing but a wounded animal." As he kicked Kuwabara across the plateau. Byakko walks towards and said "Thrashing you will be the perfect exercise after my giant meal. As soon as there's room in my stomach, that's where you'll go!" As he laughs wickedly. Yusuke said "I'm not sure I can crack jokes about this. Kuwabara's really gonna get killed now!" Kurama said "No, there is a way." Yusuke said "Well then say it!" Kurama said "Byakko's body stopped expanding halfway through that attack. That indicates vulnerability." Yusuke said "So that means he has a weakness?" Hiei said "Don't get the boy's hopes up, Kurama."