Chapter 29: First Fight

"Ladies and Gentlemen, my name is Koto! I'll be your cute host for this year's tournament, and it's going to be a messy one! For those in the first few rows, raincoats are available!" A demon said "Get on with it, would you! We came for the fights, not your small talk!" Rinku said "Listen to them all. Do you think they'll cheer for me?" So many demons were shouting "Bring out the competitors! Bring them out!! Bring them out!!"

In the press box

One club member said "Take a look at the view, friend. This is the kinda privilege you can't being good! A box seat to oblivion before Lady death takes us herself!" As they chuckled.

Koto says "Now here's the introduction you boys have been waiting for! Team Rokuyukai!" As Four men, a woman and a child walk out to the arena. A club member ask Sakyo "What's your opinion on them, Sakyo? They've managed to raise a great deal of support among the lower- class apparitions. I of course won't be cheering for them. I detest anyone that those bottom feeders like as a matter of principle. On the other hand, if anyone hopes to beat your team they will need fan support. Someone like this Urameshi group won't stand a chance." Sakyo smiled. Koto said "And now for this year's guests! Team Urameshi!" Some demons were saying "Get off our grass you filthy humans! Nah, let him fight! He can pay for what he's done to us! And that goes for those traitors with him, too! Yeah, and that disgusting angel!" Kuwabara said "This is sure one heck of a greeting for special guests. I don't think these monsters took their grumpy pills today." Kurama said "Agreed, Kuwabara. It most certainly isn't pleasant to be called a traitor by creatures you've never met." Koto said "Both teams into the arena!" As both teams looked at each other.

Meanwhile, outside the stadium

Demons and Apparitions were walking around. Keiko said "These ugly things are the Apparitions?" Botan said "Yes Keiko, and please watch what you say." Keiko pointed a finger at Botan and said "Why? Because it's dangerous? Well don't you think it was dangerous not letting us know all this? You're too easy on him! Yusuke can't keep lying to people he cares for! Come on, Shizuru. Let's find them." Botan thought "I suppose it takes a tongue like that to handle Yusuke." Botan said "Speaking of sharp tongues, where is Koenma?" As Koenma and Blue Ogre keep walking, Blue Ogre says "Sir, this is our eighth lap around the arena! It's about to begin! Why don't you want to go inside?" Koenma reminisces on Yusuke and Kuwabara calling him a toddler. Koenma said "I'm so sick and tired of being made fun of! Eureka, that's it!" A demon was shouting while waving around some tickets "Come on now, get your tickets while you can! I still got some real beautiful seats left! Hey! You there! You look like a handsome young man! Why don't you treat yourself to standing room on the highest deck! You can see everything there is without turning your head!" Koenma turned around and said "I have a VIP ticket."

The demon said "Hey, that Junior! You must be Koenma! Well, didn't know was entertaining royalty!" Koenma said "I am the owner of the Urameshi Team

The demon said "Hey, that Junior! You must be Koenma! Well, didn't know was entertaining royalty!" Koenma said "I am the owner of the Urameshi Team." The demon said "Uh yeah, of course!" Koenma said "Yes, the guest team is always given to me. A ploy to keep me from canceling the Tournament, no doubt." The demon said "Not a doubt in mind, Sir." Koenma said "And the last thing I am is a naive child. I realize this Tournament lowers the spirit crime rate in the living world. Keeps the demons occupied." The demon said "We are all fortunate to have such a wise leader. I'm sure you also understand, The only authority that's recognized here is brute force." Blue Ogre said "Watch yourself." The demon said "Just a warning your royal majesty. Of course I respect ya completely! But hard as I try I can't keep the masses from disagreeing." Koenma said "How sad for you." Botan asked "Is that you, Koenma? That's a doozy of a costume!" The demon said "Whoa! I see my majesty is a stud! Are all these girls with you?" Koenma said "This is a sister and a girlfriend of my team. The Blue-haired person on the end is my assistant, and apparently she has a very loud mouth." Botan pretended to wipe a tear from her eye and said "Oh, they're always mean when they get handsome." Koenma goes to introduce himself and said "I'm Koenma. I'm very cool." Koenma said "Anyway, let's get going." The demon said "Those human girls must have some real guts to come to an island like this!"