Chapter One Hundred and Five

Songs for this chapter:
• The Way I Loved You (Taylor's Version) - Taylor Swift
• Say You Won't Let Go - James Arthur

Chapter One Hundred and Five:

Bryce's POV

I'm naked.

I'm laying in my bed.

Under the covers, staring at the ceiling.

It's Saturday night. Quarter to eight to be exact.

I've just settled in for the night, prepared to curl up with a book and read until my vision blurs and the words lull me to sleep.

And my fucking phone is ringing.

I slam my book shut and drop it onto my bedside table with a huff. I didn't even get to read the first fucking word before my goddamn phone started to ring.

Who the fuck is bothering me on a Saturday night? Who the hell do I know that doesn't have something better to do than call me on the weekend?

I grab my phone and narrow my eyes at the screen.

Incoming call from: Blossom.

All of the tension is immediately released from my body.

I accept the call immediately and raise the phone to my ear.

"Hi, baby. How's my girl?"

I wait for a response, and when I don't get one, I wait some more.

She still doesn't respond, and so, a little louder, I say, "Blossom?"

I hear a sniffle.

And then, so so quietly, she says, "I . . . I think I need help."

🌸🌸🌸

I raise a fist and knock thrice on the door to Blossom's apartment.

I drove here so fast that it's a fucking miracle I didn't crash my car and then I practically ran to the elevator, paced back and forth during the ascent, and then proceeded to race down the hallway to Blossom's apartment.

She doesn't open the door and I resist the urge to scream.

She told me she was home. I asked her over the phone where she was, and she said she was here. Then I asked her why she needed my help, and she hung up, and I threw my phone and ran out of my apartment.

I reach for the doorknob and turn it aggressively, expecting for it to do nothing and simply just make me even more frustrated.

But the handle turns, and the door opens.

I step into the entryway of Kennedy and Blossom's apartment and slam the door shut after me. I make sure to properly lock it this time before turning in the direction of Blossom's bedroom.

Before I move, movement in the living room catches my eye.

I turn to find Blossom slumped on the floor, her back against the coffee table in the centre of the room.