Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Seven

Songs for this chapter:
• Teenager in Love - Madison Beer
• hoax - Taylor Swift

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Seven:

Bryce's POV

The moment we step into our hotel room, Blossom disappears into the nearest bedroom with her suitcase rolling along behind her.

She slams the door shut after her, but it doesn't click shut soon enough to hide the sob of defeat that leaves her lips.

My heart squeezes in my chest as I reach to close the apartment door. Aidan was able to pull some strings and book us a four-bedroom hotel suite for the evening, and Blossom, who has been shaking like mad since the news she wouldn't make it home tonight, seems to have already claimed a room for herself.

I take a step in her direction, but Jordan grabs my arm and hauls me backwards before I can get any closer.

I yank my arm away. "Fuck off. She's my girlfriend, not yours."

Jordan scoffs and strolls into the small living room, his suitcase abandoned at my side. He collapses backwards onto the sofa and props his feet on the armrest before making eye contact with me again.

"Actually, she not your girlfriend," he says with a smile.

I lunge for him, and this time, Sawyer grabs both my arms and pins them behind my back, holding me in place.

I shove him away. "What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Cut me some fucking slack. Lexi and I are both going through some really tough shit right now. I need her, and I don't think it would be completely wrong to say that she needs me, too."

I inhale deeply and then exhale slowly, trying to calm my racing mind.

When no one responds to me, I make my way across the suite and to the bedroom Blossom had just disappeared into.

It isn't until I raise my hand to the door handle that Jordan speaks.

"It's because we care about you, Bryce. You literally tried to kill yourself when you found out that something bad was happening to Lexi. You chose death over seeing her miserable with no way to save her. We don't want you to end up there again," he tells me softly.

I slump forward, defeated. My forehead presses into the cool wood of the door and I let out another deep breath.

"I . . . Why do you think that that's why I did it?" I ask quietly.

Aidan is the one who answers me. "What other reason could there have been? You found out about Lexi's boyfriend, and a few hours later you were unconscious on the bathroom floor."

I squeeze my eyes shut. "I didn't mean to send myself into a coma. And I wasn't trying to kill myself, either. I just needed a distraction. The alcohol and pills took the pain away."

Before anyone can respond to that, the door in front of me opens to reveal a timid Blossom, teary-eyed and cheeks flushed.

I open my mouth, but she gives me a small shake of her head and gently pulls me into the room. The door clicks shut after us, and Blossom immediately guides me towards the
king bed in the centre of the room.

She pushes me down onto the edge. I plant my feet on the floor, and she immediately crawls into my lap, hooks her legs around my waist, and pulls my head down so that my cheek is pressed against her chest and my head is tucked under her chin.

Just like I always hold her when she needs a break from reality.

"You should definitely take your shirt off. I think I would be able to relax way quicker if I had a little more to . . . hold," I whisper to her.