Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen:

Bryce's POV

"You're gripping my hand awfully tight, baby," I chuckle, which just makes Blossom squeeze even tighter.

Her ring is digging into the flesh of my fingers, but I don't really mind much because I'm happy as long as her hand is in mine.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really really excited. And I really love you. Thank you for loving me back," she whispers, practically skipping along beside me.

After dealing with my own exam stress as well as my girlfriend having her own mental breakdowns every five fucking minutes, we're able to put it all behind us for the holidays. I wish that I didn't have so damn little time with Blossom this past month, but that seemed to be something beyond my control.

She's been excited as fuck to be back home to see her family again these past two weeks. It's fucking adorable, but I'm not able to stop myself from feeling bad that she's so far away from home despite me being in the same situation.

Blossom really loves Juilliard, but she says it sometimes makes her feel as though she's not good enough. She's cried in my arms a couple times this past month about how she'll never be a successful actress when she "can't sing as well as the other girls", and all I could do was stroke her hair and promise her that I believe that she has the most beautiful voice in the whole damn world.

My throat becomes thick with emotion at the thought. She was so damn upset and torn, and all I can think is how she said that maybe she doesn't belong at Juilliard.

"I'll never be good enough, Bryce. Should I just drop out?" she asks before a sob flies out of her lips and she's forced to bury her face in the palms of her hands to muffle the sound.

She's currently sitting beside me on the bed, wearing one of my T-shirts and a pair of my boxers. She's agreed to spend this Saturday night with me even though she's been studying like mad, and I really am thankful for this time with her.

She's seated close enough that I'm able to reach out, wrap my arms around her waist, and pull her into my lap. She lets out a confused gasp before she gives in to my embrace, burying her face in the crook of my neck as she continues to cry.

She seems to be as fragile as glass sometimes, and I'm scared that I'll shatter her merely by saying the wrong thing.

I'm at a loss for words, and I can feel my heart thundering away in my chest as I hold Blossom tightly, whispering to her, "No. Never drop out. You are more than good enough. You're fucking fantastic. Don't throw away your dreams."

Faster than my brain is able to process, Blossom has pressed her lips to mine. She kisses me desperately and urgently, her hands flattening against the bare skin of my chest.

"Thank you," she breathes against my lips. "You somehow always make me feel better."

"Bryce? Baby? Are you okay?" Blossom asks me hesitantly, and I realise that I've managed to zone out the entire time it took us to get to the escalators that go down to the baggage claim.

Stepping onto the escalator, Blossom continues to stare at me with her eyebrows furrowed as she gives my hand two gentle squeezes.

When I notice her concerned gaze, I clear my throat before responding, "Yeah. I'm all good. I'm just happy to see that you're happy."

"I don't think I can believe you, Bryce. You have a sad look on your face. I want to make you feel better," she says softly as we're forced to step off the escalator.