Chapter Ninety-Six

Songs for this chapter:
• The Moment I Knew - Taylor Swift

Chapter Ninety-Six:

Bryce's POV

"How the fuck does he do that with his body?" I ask Kennedy incredulously, unable to hide my astonishment.

Her and I are sitting on the floor of a ballet studio, our backs leaning against one of the walls as we watch Nathan, Knox, and Blossom dance. Nathan just did some sort of complicated flip thing where he twisted his whole body midair without his hands ever touching the ground, and even though I'm sure Kennedy has seen him do this many, many times, she's still watching him with wide eyes.

"I have no clue. Him and Knox both mainly do ballet, but Nate used to do gymnastics competitively too and so he's super flexible. It's really great, honestly," Kennedy says dreamily, tilting her head to the side as she continues to watch him.

I turn to stare at her. "Don't you have a boyfriend?"

She purses her lips together. "Jules? We aren't actually together right now. It's just . . . complicated."

I snort, and Kennedy glares at me briefly before turning back around to look at Nathan again.

I still don't really understand how I got dragged here in the first place, but when I think back to about an hour ago, I can understand why seeing Blossom in skintight dance attire would've appealed enough to me to persuade me to come.

Let's just say that I am certainly not disappointed by the dance attire, because Jesus fucking Christ, everything is so damn tight, clinging to her every curve, and it is quite possibly the hottest thing I have seen in months.

Well, she let me watch her get dressed earlier. I suppose that that is probably the hottest thing I've seen in awhile. I did ask her if she'd like me to leave her bedroom or turn around so that she could have some privacy, but she said that she didn't mind me watching.

And then she winked at me. She fucking winked at me, and then immediately began to take her clothes off and carelessly toss them into her laundry basket.

I sat there like an absolute idiot and watched her in silence.

She promptly pulled on a black leotard that looks so damn good on her because of how the tight material showcases her body, and when she caught me ogling her like a horny teenager, she grinned and finished getting dressed by pulling on a pair of black leggings that are equally as tight and equally as sexy on her.

Fuck, I guess I am a horny teenager.

She's just so fucking pretty, and I miss her so fucking much. I miss waking up to her sweet face in the morning, I miss her kisses, I miss her laughter, and I miss the intimate moments between us, whether it be sex or showering together or falling asleep in each other's arms at night.

And she's also my best friend, and so I'm just having a really hard time without her.

I look towards her now, still wearing those impossibly tight black clothes, even though we're now in a dance studio rather than in her bedroom. Another difference is that her hair is now pulled into a sleek, tight bun at the nape of her neck, and, of course, the fact that Knox's hands are currently all over her body.

I've been trying really damn hard to pretend that it isn't bothering me, but Christ, it's becoming really difficult to do that.

The two of them are in the centre of the floor and Blossom is up in the air. Knox's hands are around her waist as he holds her up, and she has one leg extended behind her while the other is slightly bent so that her pointed toes touch the knee of her extended leg.