Chapter Twenty-Eight

Songs for this chapter:
• Santa Tell Me - Ariana Grande
• 10,000 Hours - Dan + Shay & Justin Bieber

Chapter Twenty-Eight:

Lexi's POV

"Do you think you'll be getting some kinky Christmas sex tonight, Lexi?" Jasmine asks me.

I had FaceTimed her in hopes of getting some advice on my outfit for tonight, but I'm truly beginning to regret that decision right about now.

"I'm not spending the night with him, Jasmine. I'll only be there for dinner," I explain to her, brushing my hair back past my shoulders.

I look down at Jasmine's face on my screen to find her now wearing a frown. "Boo. That's no fun. You deserve some sex tonight. Can't you two sneak off after dinner or something?"

I shrug at her, glancing towards my reflection in the mirror one more time. Somewhat happy with the way that I look right now, I give my reflection one last smile before slipping my feet into a pair of nude heels and glancing back towards Jasmine.

Her blue hair is piled into a bun atop her head, and when I take a closer look at her appearance I find that she's wearing one of my brother's old soccer sweatshirts from high school.

It's as if she's aware that I've suddenly taken note of her attire as she quietly says, "Don't worry about me, Lex. You know your brother better than I do, and so I'm sure that you know how shitty he is at commitment. We don't seem to want the same things from a relationship right now."

I frown at her, not exactly sure what to say. I could catch a hint of bitterness in her tone, and I can certainly see in her eyes that my brother's actions truly have hurt her.

"I'm so sorry, Jazzy. You don't deserve to have to put up with his childish behaviour. Is there anything I can do to help you out? Do you want me to talk to my brother for you or would that just make things worse?" I reply, finding that I'm subconsciously whispering, probably out of fear that my brother may overhear if he's standing out in the hallway.

Jasmine gives me a small but reassuring smile as she shakes her head at me. "I don't want you to worry about me today, Lexi. I want you to go spend some time with your family and that attractive male who's lucky enough to call you his girlfriend. I should go help my mom cook dinner, anyway. Do you think we can meet up tomorrow with Jordan?"

All of that sadness seems to have disappeared from her face, and though I doubt any of it is genuinely gone, I decide to let it slide for now as Jasmine clearly doesn't want to speak about her relationship with Charlie at the moment.

Figuring that it would be better for us to have this conversation in person, I reply, "All right, Jazzy. I'll text you tomorrow and we can work something out. Merry Christmas."

Jasmine smiles at me, giving me an adorable wave. "Bye, Lex. Have fun! Merry Christmas to you too," she replies before blowing me a kiss and ending the call.

My mom seems to have impeccable timing today as she walks into my room right as my call with Jasmine ends. I give her a small smile as I tuck my phone into the pocket of my dress, smoothing the soft material down my thighs.

My mom is wearing a periwinkle blue dress that falls just past her knees with thin straps for sleeves and a neckline cut lower than I've seen her wear in awhile. The dress looks to be made of a soft velvet that somehow appears to sparkle in the light.

"You look so beautiful, Lexi," my mom says with a smile as she makes her way towards me, pausing when we're a foot or so apart. She reaches up to brush her fingers through my hair, beaming down at me.