Chapter Fifty-Five

Songs for this chapter:
• I.F.L.Y - Bazzi
• when the party's over - Billie Eilish

Chapter Fifty-Five:

Bryce's POV

"Bryce? Are you awake?"

I open my eyes and tilt my head to the side to look at Blossom.

God, she's beautiful.

We're both still naked after last night's festivities. and with her long, chocolatey hair fanning down her back, she looks like an angel.

She's already practically on top of me, her head resting on my chest, one arm draped across my abdomen, and her legs tangled with mine. When I bend down to kiss her on the lips, she meets me halfway, and as soon as our lips lock, she climbs all the way on top of me so that she's sitting just below my ribs.

She kisses me slowly, for a just a moment, before she asks, "Will you wait here for a minute?"

I raise an eyebrow at her. "Sure, I guess."

Blossom smiles at me, pecks me on the cheek, climbs off of me, and then skips out of the bedroom and into the living room, only leaving the door cracked open about an inch before she disappears.

I sigh and flop back on the bed, staring blankly at the ceiling.

All I can think of is the way Blossom looked underneath me last night, the noises that were leaving her lips unlike any noises that she has ever made before.

And I fucking loved every minute of it.

I know that last night probably hurt her a little bit, as for the first time, I gave her all of me, without holding back in fear of hurting her too severely.

I could tell that she was loving every damn second of it too, though.

To my surprise, Blossom flounces back into the room. She gives me a shy smile before heading straight for our closet.

"I'm too naked. I need to put some clothes on," she informs me.

She disappears into the closet, and when she emerges, she's wearing one of my Columbia University sweatshirts with a pair of my boxers peeking out from underneath. She's holding another pair of boxers in her hand, which she tosses at me from across the room.

I catch the underwear in one hand. "What the hell are you doing, baby?"

Blossom purses her lips together. "You'll see. It's a surprise. Put those one. I'll call for you in a minute."

At that, she exits the room once again.

I can't help but to chuckle at her bizarre behaviour as I stand up from the bed and pull the pair of plaid boxers that Blossom had thrown at me up my legs.

Blossom's sweet voice suddenly rings out through the apartment. "Bryce! Come into the kitchen!"

Like a lost puppy, I hurry out of the bedroom and into the kitchen.

I find Blossom sitting on one of the barstools at the island. On the counter next to her is a chocolate birthday cake with nineteen lit candles atop it.

My eyes threaten to tear up.

I grin at her as I approach the counter, pulling out the stool next to Blossom. I sit down beside her, kiss her on the cheek, and then reach down to take her hand.

"Happy birthday, Bryce. Make a wish," Blossom whispers to me.

Her eyes are twinkling when they meet mine, and it immediately brings a wish to my head.