Chapter Four

Songs for this chapter:
• I Think He Knows - Taylor Swift

Chapter Four:

Lexi's POV

"Dinner was great, Bryce. Thanks again," Shawn says cheerily, and I watch as Bryce groans, loudly.

"You are so very welcome," Bryce responds gruffly, slamming the dishwasher door shut in a far more aggressive manner than necessary.

Pursing my lips together at Bryce's annoyance, I dry the water that had gathered on my hands from rinsing dishes off on the pair of Bryce's sweatpants that I'm still wearing, then reaching out to take my boyfriend's hands in mine.

Bryce and I ended up following our earlier plan to make pasta for dinner, but we ended up having to cook for six rather than just the two of us. Ella and Shawn refused to go eat at the Columbia dining hall no matter how many times Bryce had begged them, and since Scarlett and Anders obviously don't have anywhere else to go, all four of them just ended up staying over to eat.

I follow Bryce's gaze as he watches Shawn head out of the kitchen and into the living room, taking a seat down on the chair beside where Ella is sitting, her feet propped up on the coffee table.

Meanwhile, Scarlett and Anders are passionately making out on one of the couches.

With tongue. Lots and lots of tongue.

"Is this a normal occurrence?" I ask Bryce, who scoffs as he drops one of my hands from his, tightening his grip on the other. We join everyone else in the living room, and when we sit down together on the loveseat, we watch as Scarlett's hand drops to the front of Anders' jeans, squeezing.

Ella, Shawn, and Bryce all have looks of pure disgust on their faces.

Anders bats her hand away. breaking away from her lips to say, "Cool down, you little slut. Not in front of everyone."

One moment she's in Bryce's lap and then only a few hours later she's making a move on Anders?

God, I wish I had had her level of confidence before Bryce and I got together.

No matter how conceited it makes me feel to have the thought, I can't help but to wonder if maybe she's only doing this because Bryce is my boyfriend and because she saw how Anders was speaking to me earlier.

Her and Anders could be a thing, though. I genuinely have no clue. I feel like I know absolutely nothing about either of them, and so I probably just shouldn't assume anything about their pasts

"You're calling me a slut while we're in the presence of the biggest manwhore to ever walk the halls of our old high school?" Scarlett asks, lifting her hand to rest it back in her own lap.

Bryce raises his middle finger to her, and I watch the faintest hint of a smile on his lips.

Feeling the sudden burn of jealousy, my hand instinctually falls to Bryce's thigh.

He nearly jumps out of his seat in surprise.

When he looks down at me, I break eye contact immediately, instead turning to stare directly into Scarlett's eyes.

She raises an eyebrow at me, glancing towards my hand on Bryce's thigh before saying, "I could have him if I wanted, Lexi. I wouldn't be so secure if I were you."

"That's incorrect, Scarlett," Bryce cuts in, and Scarlett laughs.

Someone clears their throat, and when I glance across the room I find that Ella was the source of the sound.