Chapter Sixty

Songs for this chapter:
• Let Me Love You - Ariana Grande ft. Lil Wayne

Chapter Sixty:

Bryce's POV

"Look at how small you look in my lap," I murmur, my hands stroking up and down Blossom's sides.

She's sitting on my abdomen with her knees on either side of me, her palms resting on my chest. She's completely naked above me, but her long, silky hair is down and obscuring my view of her front.

"I like how small I feel in your lap. You make my feel safe and loved," Blossom whispers in response, leaning down to kiss my collarbone with another giggle.

When she sits back up, I remove my hands from her sides, even though I love to have my hands around her waist as they can wrap practically all the way around. I instead use my hands to push her hair back past her shoulders, smoothing it down and behind her ears.

She gives me an adorable little smile, tilting her head to the side. Her hazel eyes are twinkling and her cheeks are lightly flushed a slight rosy colour.

"So fucking pretty," I say, murmuring more to myself than to Blossom.

She still clearly hears me though as she blushes now, a deeper shade of pink.

"You don't need to talk about how pretty I am, Bryce. I know that I'm nothing special," she says softly, shying away from my gaze.

I gingerly take her face between my hands, brushing my thumbs along her cheekbones. She looks so fragile and delicate at the moment that all I want to do is hold her to my chest.

"Don't say that. I don't like to see you put yourself down, sweetheart. You are so incredibly special," I tell her gently.

She gives me a dubious look. "Maybe I'm special in other ways, but I'm not overtly pretty or hot or anything, Bryce."

At this, I sit up in bed slightly, forcing Blossom to shift to sit on my lap rather than my abdomen. "That's not even true. Have you looked in the mirror lately, baby?"

She shakes her head at me, biting her lip.

I continue. "Well, you're beautiful. So damn beautiful. Sometimes it stuns me when I look at you because I have a difficult time believing that you're not a fallen angel."

Blossom reaches up for her face, covering my hands with her own. "Oh, stop. You talk about me as though you're not the most handsome man to walk the face of this planet, Bryce. I literally drool over you whenever you take your shirt off. You do realise that you have the best abs I've ever seen, don't you?"

I can't help but to roll my eyes at her. "And you have the best ass that I've ever seen. Your point?"

I feel Blossom's cheeks heat up against the palms of my hands.

Feeling as though I've managed to prove my point, I lean back in bed, moving my hands from Blossom's face and down to her hips instead.

"I'm hot as fuck and you're hot as fuck. We're a perfect match," I tell her, gently rubbing small circles against her smooth skin with my thumbs.

Blossom's hands move down to my abdomen once again. "We're a perfect match, but that's not why. We're a perfect match because we're so incredibly similar in all the ways that we need to be, but at the same time, we're also different in a lot of other ways, which is what makes us so compatible."

I grin at her. "Exactly. It's all because we're soulmates."

Blossom seems to ponder this for a little while and I let her, despite the fact that this conversation happened at an awful time, right after I had taken all of Blossom's clothes off, dammit.