Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Three

Songs for this chapter:
• i don't want to watch the world end with someone else - Clinton Kane

Chapter One Hundred and Twenty-Three:

Bryce's POV

"What the hell was going on in there? Who was that?" Richard asks me the moment I step out of my hospital room.

I'm freshly showered and finally wearing my own clothes after having to wear that nasty hospital gown while I was out. My head is still throbbing slightly, which I'm told is because of a very mild concussion that must've happened due to me hitting my head against my bathroom counter when I passed out.

"That," I say, smiling, "was the ever-so-charming Sierra Shalhoub. My biological mother. Isn't she a gem?"

Matt snorts from beside me. His arm is thrown around my shoulders and he's refused to let go of me since I got out of the shower.

I stare out at the large group of people gathered in the hallway: Lydia, Theodore, and several men who work for Richard's label.

"So lovely to see that all these people are just so concerned for my well-being. I'm sure their presence has absolutely nothing to do with the financial loss that would come with my death," I mutter under my breath.

Jordan snickers from my other side, and Richard narrows his eyes at him.

Jordan purses his lips together and walks away.

Fast-paced footsteps sound to my left, and I look over my shoulder to see Dad and Elena hurrying down the hallway and towards me. My dad has his cellphone pressed to his ear, and the panic on his face immediately puts me at unease.

I don't even have to ask him what's wrong before he stops in front of me and says, "Lexi still won't answer her phone, but I think I figured out why."

I raise an eyebrow. "She finally realizes that she's far too good for me?"

Matt smacks me in the arm.

Dad's expression is grave. "It's Jonathan. He was in a car crash. He's dying."

I blink.

Several times.

I turn to face Jordan, who has wandered away from me, but when our eyes meet he hurries back over. "Get me Lexi's address. Immediately.

He nods his head. "Yes, sir."

I turn back to face my dad. "Are you and Elena planning on flying home now that you know I'm not dead?"

Dad shakes his head. "We were planning on staying in the city for a week or so to spend some time with you kids."

"Okay," I say. "No need to change your plans, but I'm going to fly back home with Lexi. Jordan has to come with me, obviously, but you guys and Matt and Nessa can stay here. They have school to worry about."

I turn back to face Jordan. "Book us a flight. Give us enough time to get Lexi and get to the airport, though. And tell Aidan and Sawyer that we're leaving."

"Yes, sir," Jordan mumbles. He turns on his heel and begins to walk away to find my security and make travel plans, but I call out to him and he turns to face me again with a sigh.

"How was Lexi when you saw her earlier? Did she look okay?" I ask.

Jordan snorts and stuffs his hands into the pockets of his dark jeans. "Well, she certainly doesn't look happy. That guy she's seeing? He's been horrible to her. When she came here to see you, she was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt with the hood pulled up. I could only see her neck, and it was bruised. I can't imagine what the rest of her body must look like."