3

Elaina Basset

Just some alone time. That's what I needed.

I felt so restricted in that villa with the five of them. I had to step out for a little while.

It's only the second day and I already need to get some space...we're off to a fantastic start.

In my defense, I don't feel very accepted there all thanks to Harry. He has such an intimidating nature about him that I can't really stand to be around.

And he clearly can't stand me for some reason, which doesn't make it easier by any means. I don't know what I did or what it is about me that he doesn't seem to...trust?

But I don't really care about his opinion, quite frankly. He's just some asshole that I only have to put up with for six more days.

I've been out of the house since 8 this morning. I went into town, down to the market where I buy my paints. It's nice here, crowded with people who are minding their business, doing things with their own lives.

This is the part I love about Italy. I love the scenic views and the busy lives. There's something quite comforting about it.

I ended up getting breakfast by myself at a little cafe before I picked up some paints.

I walk into the baby blue painted store with my purse hanging off my shoulder.

I had dressed up a bit to go into town today. I was in a tight blue sundress with my hair braided into two french braids, white sneakers on my feet. It's warm here around summer.

The little art shop was so tranquil and comforting. It had the faint smell of paint mixed with the lavender scented candles that were lit by the owner each morning. I loved the ambiance of this store, it's very inviting for people like me.

I receive a smile from the older woman behind the counter, her name is Marjorie. She was always here, she wasn't the owner but her husband, Derek, was. They're both very nice people.

I walk along the quiet shop. I was the only one in here today which is something I was used to, aside from the odd person coming in and out occasionally.

I head down the aisle where the they had sketchbooks and some pastels. I'm not much for sketching but I know that Zayn does a little drawing here and there...I could pick him up some supplies.

I suddenly hear my phone begin to ring from inside my little purse. I take it out, looking down at the lit screen.

Speaking of Zayn...he was calling me.

I accept and bring the phone to my ear.

"Yeah?"

"Where are you?" he says from the other end of the phone.

"Downtown..." I tell him with my voice full of confusion. "I told you this morning that's where I'm going."

"You've been gone for almost three hours."

"I'm just taking my time. I got some breakfast and now I'm looking at art supplies. Why do you sound so distressed...it's no big deal." I mumble as I look through a sketchbook with my cellphone tucked into my neck with my ear pressed against it. "Do you want a sketchbook?"

"Elaina, it is a big deal...I thought something might've happened." he says, ignoring my question and making me furrow my brows.

"Why would something happen?" I say slowly, confused about what he meant by that.

There's hesitation from his end of the phone call.

"Just...I don't know. Anyone could wanna hurt you, you're a woman walking around alone. Just keep me updated."