32

this is part 2 of the double update. part 1 (chap. 31) is up already, make sure you read that one first!

oh, and buckle up.

Elaina Basset

Whisking through the casino with Harry, I kept my eyes peeled for Valentino or Alec. Hopefully, if we find one, then we find the other not too far away.

He's walking with me with his arm hooked around me like we're a couple. I'm trying my best not to think about it.

When I do think about it, I can feel my palms start to sweat which makes me grateful that he isn't holding my hand. Something about being touched by him made my stomach flutter.

And that scares me.

"There." Harry points ahead, I follow his finger and then I see Valentino turning down a hall, out of the main lobby of the casino. He isn't with Caterina anymore.

At this point, Harry lets go of my waist but pushes me gently by my lower back to get in front of him. I walk as fast as my heels can take me, heading for the corner where Valentino turned down.

The hall he turned down was much quieter than the lobby but still occupied. There were a few paintings hung up on the walls, but my focus was on Valentino.

At the end of this hall, there's a bouncer with a black suit on, much like the one at the front entrance. He's standing next to a red velvet rope which is blocking the end of the hallway off.

"Wait." I feel Harry grab my wrist, making me stop. He pulls me over by a painting, trying to blend us in to the few people here.

We both stand in front of the painting but try to subtly keep an eye on Valentino. He goes up to the bouncer and says a few brief words before the bouncer is lifting up the rope to allow him to go past it.

"Shit." Harry grumbles, knowing we've lost him.

"What's back there?" I whisper, trying not to look suspicious.

"I don't know. Maybe that's where he's meeting Alec." Harry answers.

I bite my lip in thought, looking down to the ground. I know that we can't let this opportunity go to waste. We need to get back there, at least for a second to see if Alec is the one who Valentino is going to see.

"Fuck, he's looking at us." Harry whispers, making my head snap up. I look over at the bouncer, my breath hitching when I see him staring directly at Harry and I.

He doesn't look away, which makes me nervous. He might be on to us because we were looking at him.

My gaze suddenly gets directed away from the bouncer as I feel Harry's hand on my chin. My head is being turned so that I'm looking at him now. Only him. He stands tall in front of me, his side leaning against the wall next to the painting. His eyes very briefly flick to the bouncer before he looks at me with my chin in his hand.

"Do you trust me?" he mumbles very rushed and quietly, so much so that I barely even heard him.

I blink. "Wh—"

Before I can process anything, Harry's hands are coming up to my face. One cups the side of my jaw while the other clamps over my mouth before his face leans in to meet mine. My eyes are wide until I realize what he's doing. His lips are pressed to the top of his hand clasped to my lips, making it look like we're kissing.

In an effort to help the illusion, I shut my eyes too and wrap my arms around his neck. But, my nerves have transformed in to something deeper. I feel like my chest won't move. He's so close to me and it's making my heart pound. I hope he can't feel it.