54

Elaina Basset

They're hiding something.

I don't know what, but I think it has something to do with Jayden. I'm trying to tell myself that it's for the better that I don't know, but ever since the train I haven't been able to get it off of my mind.

12 hours ago, we were retrieved from the woods by a group that Vincent sent. We were put in a van then onto a private jet and we're now on our way back to Milan.

Tensions are high.

Louis came with us and no one has told Vincent that he's with the FBI yet. But Aldo has been sitting with him on the jet and standing outside the door while he uses the washroom like he's a prisoner on watch. We can't trust him.

I don't know what's going to happen when we land in Italy.

Niall's been sedated and medicated to stop his pain until he can get proper attention. He had three broken ribs and a concussion...but since he found the package, Vincent will compensate him handsomely.

Sitting across from Angela, I gaze out the window with my chin in my palm. I've spent the last twelve hours tossing and turning out of sleep and not being able to eat because I just can't shake what Jayden said.

It's an aching feeling to know that something is being kept from me, especially because I'm growing so close to these people.

I look across at Angela, seeing her asleep like she's been for the past hour and a half. Sighing, I stand up and walk out onto the aisle to head for the bathroom.

I push open the door and walk past the stalls and go up to the mirror. I push my hair out of my face, examining the tired eye bags and the dullness of my skin. I suppose a thirteen hour flight will do that to you.

I look down at the bandage wrapped around the knife wound on my arm. It was properly treated by the crew when we boarded the plane which Im thankful for. It doesn't hurt so bad anymore, more of a dull sting.

I hear the door open behind me, my eyes flicking up to the mirror to see who's come in. I make eye contact with Harry through the mirror as he comes to lean against the wall behind me. I give him a small smile, because even though I'm questioning everything, I'm still happy to see him.

"How's your arm?" he asks.

"It's okay. I think it'll heal fast." I say, then I look at the cut and bruising by his hairline. "Is your head okay?"

"It's better." he nods, walking up behind me. I watch him through the mirror, his eyes not pulling away from mine until he gently grabs my arm and focuses his eyesight there. He rubs his thumb along the bandage, along where the slash from the knife was. He looks at it with regret, like it was almost upsetting for him.

I look at his face as he keeps his gaze on my injury. I bite my lip, knowing there's so much that I need to ask him about but I'm nervous. I don't know if I'm nervous about his reaction...or what he'll tell me.

"Harry..." I whisper. "What's going on?"

He sighs and blinks a few times before looking up to meet my eyes again. "I'll handle it." he says.

I furrow my brows and start shaking my head. "No, that's not an answer." I say, making his jaw clench. "There's something going on with Jayden." I convict as I look deep into Harry's eyes. "And I'm involved, aren't I? Somehow?"

"Jayden is a psychopath." he tells me. "A psychopath that you need to let me deal with."

"Harry, he asked specifically to see me on that train. It's obvious that he's been the one stalking me. There's something going on and if you don't tell me, then I'll figure it out myself."